What's new

MGM- Fame (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Would love to have this film, and possibly the tv series, on DVD. Irene Cara gave a great performance, and the exterior shots of New York City in the 1980's have become nostalgic.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, and at Studio Day it was indeed WB saying "Nope, no plans!". Sigh.
But at least we're getting Footloose and Flashdance from a nice OTHER studio... :)
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
[Edited last by David Lambert on September 30, 2001 at 08:00 PM]

Lee Bombard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee
David,
To be fair to Warner Bros. I was talking to the Warner Rep when someone asked about FAME. The marketing guy looked at the production guy (both named Mike) and asked "Do we own FAME?" The production guy answered "Yes." The marketing guy said "Hmmmmm" and wrote it down on his list of notes.
I'm assuming that means no plans now but perhaps it'll be discussed sooner rather than later.
These Studio Days for the last 16 years are as much a chance for the studio reps to get a feel for what the consumer wants. I feel from reading some of the other threads here and elsewhere that folks have the wrong idea as to what this thing is all about. I'm reading comments about how "I'm disappointed in the announcements that were made." Folks this isn't a convention. It's simply a meet and greet. I've been to each one of these for the last 10-12 years and they've never been about earth-shaking announcements. But they are often about gauging input for future releases.
Years ago we used to get all kinds of scoops as to what future releases might be or what was being worked on. The Internet has changed alot of that. These reps know that pretty much anything they say can and will be in cyber space in minutes. They are often much more guarded than they used to be.
Oh well. Perhaps the second part of this should be attached to the Studio Day thread. Just some observations.
Regards,
Lee

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Lee, that's some pretty good news you got there. At least they're thinking about it now. Thanks for the scoop.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks