What's new

MGM: Exodus (1960) please (1 Viewer)

Danny_N

Second Unit
Real Name
Danny
MGM,
Many thanks for your recent wonderful releases of such epics as Khartoum and The Vikings. Now, how about a special edition of another epic featuring one of the most beautiful scores ever written: Otto Preminger's EXODUS? In its full Roadshow glory of course :).

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I am also anxiously awaiting this DVD, but I would caution MGM regarding the transfer... the laser disc had TONS of edge enhancement so that all shots involving buildings with bricks, venetian blinds, etc. had almost unwatchable aliasing problems. If we can get a sharp image without all the shimmering, I think we'll have terrific DVD.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Well, MGM has now announced this for October. Hope the picture quality is superb.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
EXODUS was released in 1960 in Super Panavision 70 with 6-track stereo. I can find no information about a road show presentation. The laser disc included an intermission, but had no overture or exit music.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I see now from widescreenmuseum.com that the film was roadshown although that doesn't necessarily mean that it had Overture and Exit music. I suspect it didn't because there are no such tracks on the soundtrack CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks