What's new

MGM - Chitty Chitty, Bang Bang SE - Fact or Fiction??? (1 Viewer)

Arun Vajpey

Stunt Coordinator
I have heard rumours that CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG is going to be re-released (if one calls the original pan-scan edition a worthwhile release - I don't) in a 'Special Edition' Widescreen Anamorphic format. I cannot find any actual thread to this, but does anyone know for sure?

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
No, but I'm there to buy a SE widescreen version if MGM would just release it.
I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I own the current P&S version. It's one of only a couple P&S DVDs I have. I got it for very cheap (under $10) and my daughter has enjoyed it several times, so even though not OAR I'm glad I got it.
I'd bet that if MGM did this one right they would be surprised at how strong sales would be. Probably would exceed the original release.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Funny thing is I've never seen this in widescreen :) I only catch this once a year on TV..
Yep I own the P&S version...call me Joe:D
Brent L

Greg_M

Screenwriter
This was the only film produced by the James Bond production team in 70MM Super Panavision. The film has one of the most beautiful production designs pf the sixties, and while it is enjoyable in Pan & Scan, the widescreen image only adds to the enjoyment - if you don't like the film at least it looks beautiful. If only all those "Wonka" people would petition MGM, Hmm.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks