MGM-Bond restorations?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marty Lockstead, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead Second Unit

Hello all,
    I've often mentioned to friends that if I were independently wealthy, I would track down Mr.Robert Harris and his film restoration team and ask them (with MGM's approval, of course) to completely restore the early Bond films. Specifically, the Connery films. I was a little upset when I first heard that MGM decided not to anything with the upcoming dvd re-releases. Especially since this year marks the 40th anniversary of the first Bond film, Dr. No. For the most part, the transfers were ok and they wouldn't have to do anything in terms of new special features, in fact, the documentaries on all the discs were excellant! I personally feel that they could have taken the time to make them look and sound a little better. I would not ask/nor would I expect earth-shattering Dolby Digital 5.1 surround tracks on them (even though THUNDERBALL somehow did), but even fixing up the fidelity on them and possibly doing just a 2 channel stereo mix on top of the original mono track would be fine. In terms of the more recent films, the addition of a DTS soundtrack would have been great. The THX/DTS laserdisc of GOLDENEYE I currently own sounds bloody amazing! Thanks for your kind attention. [​IMG]

2. DeVario

DeVario Agent

Wasn't there also a subtitle problem too? I hope they will at least decide to correct that.

3. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor

4. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Second Unit

Dr No-through to Live and Let Die are currently having their soundtracks restored and remixed into 5.1 by Mi-Casa studio's, whether this is for archival use, or for a future dvd-reissue who knows!

M

5. Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead Second Unit

Thanks for the information Mark, I had no idea that re-mixes were being worked on. Let's just hope they're restoring the picture as well.[​IMG]