What's new

MGM announces 80's favs in P&S (1 Viewer)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if they were able to attain the music rights for all the songs on the Last American Virgin. There's some good music on there from Devo and the Police. If anyone knows, please post.
That for me is more important than it being OAR. It did have one of the great pop music soundtracks in movie history. Every song in it just about was a big hit. Since the VHS has been out of print for years, I figured music rights were the reason.

U2's I WILL FOLLOW plays over an abortion sequence. The Cars SHAKE IT UP is in it a couple times. Journey's OPEN ARMS. Many more. And the scenes are built around the songs making the film kind of pointless without them.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
It sounds as if it's time to start making phone calls, writing letters, e-mails, and maybe start a petition. Raise some hell, in other words.
That's the only way you are going to see it released OAR anytime soon. Let them know you want the title OAR.

Not buying it will only tell the studio there is no interest in the title and have them let it go out of print and forgotten.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Yea....been waiting years for Hot Dog and now they've lost my sale. I refuse to pay for a MARRED release...but wait....what is the OAR for Hot Dog. I personally could not find it with a google search.......Anyone???????????

"I thought it was 1.85:1, cause I remember this playing at the drive-in, in Omaha, Ne"

That would make sense since 99% of all movies produced during that time(if my memory is good) were in some sort of widescreen aspect, 1.85:1 being the most common.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I had the dubious pleasure of running Hot Dog theatrically back in 83 (or whenever that was) and it was 1.85, as far as I can recall.

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
I find it really weird that they'd create a widescreen, high def master of Remo Williams for TV and then not use it for the DVD.

I mean, I can understand recycling old non-anamorphic widescreen or pan&scan LD masters for titles that they genuinely think will make little to no money -- I don't support it, mind you, but I can understand it -- but to deliberately use an old transfer when a new one exists...??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks