MGM and booklets : just curious

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Swindoll, Oct 3, 2001.

1. Jeff Swindoll

Jeff Swindoll Supporting Actor

I was somewhat shocked when I got Quigley Down Under and it actually had a chapter list booklet within. Has MGM changed it's mind regarding the inclusion of these booklets or are they only missing from certain "lines" (Midnite movies for example).
    Who says collectible booklets are worthless? Witness this gem from the Terminator booklet :
    The role of the Terminator was originally to be portrayed by O.J. Simpson. But, according to Cameron in 1984, "people wouldn't have believed a nice guy like O.J. playing the part of a ruthless killer." [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Apologies to Admins if this is a repeat topic, the search function was kaput. Like anyone responds to my topics anyways [​IMG].
    Cheers.
    ------------------
    I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
    --Bernie Faulkner

2. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

I think theyre including booklets in their SEs not thier budget line. Im interested in what you find out though.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Jeff, I am shocked that there was a chapter stop list in there! Thank God...maybe MGM listened! [​IMG] As a non-SE release at MSRP of $14.95, it DEFINATELY fits the pattern of no-insert releases. I'm not interested in that particular title, but perhaps the next el-cheapo I pick up will have that insert too.
    MGM, if you're listening...THANK YOU!!!!
    ------------------
    DAVE/Memphis