What's new

MeTV's Winter 2018 Schedule (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm not crazy at all about Wild Wild West, but at least I got a chance to see the full run of Hooker (it just rolled back around to episode one yesterday). I'm kind of glad they're not messing with Mannix, though it rolled around recently and has been on a while. I'm really glad they didn't lose The Fugitive, which I had never watched until this year. The once-a-week schedule is kind of a killer, though. I've been watching for almost four months and have only seen 15 episodes! Since there are 120 episodes, I only have 105 weeks to go!

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
My PVR indicates that the first episode of Land of the Giants will be Season 1 Episode 1. I am hoping this is just to reintroduce people to the show and that they will then skip to the point mid-way through Season 2 where they left off last year.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Glad Maverick is safe. Gotten addicted to it and don't yet have any DVD's for it.

Wish I wasn't limited to an episode a week though.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I would love to watch this channel, but in SD? No thanks. Any idea if it will ever be in HD?

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
That’s the channel I’m watching on Directv channel 33 and it’s SD.
I have Verizon and get it in HD on channel 503. So it also depends on who your provider is. As ME TV is sold to local stations as opposed to being a cable channel like TVland its availability in HD will vary throughout the US. As there is an HD signal for this channal its a matter of DirecTv providing that feed in additional to the SD feed. Then again Verizon doesn't provide TCM in HD so you win some and lose some. I just bought Amazon Fire TV streaming for among other reasons so that I could get "Watch TCM" app which has the TCM films in HD. It doesn't have the live stream of the station that you can get on your computer but has many movies available for about a week after broadcast including host introductions.

Last edited:

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
That’s the channel I’m watching on Directv channel 33 and it’s SD.

That would be DirecTV's fault, then. They're simply choosing to provide it in SD only. They and Dish not only pick and choose what "local" stations to offer in HD or not, but also which of the local digital subchannels they will offer.

The ABC affiliate in my town, for instance, broadcasts six additional sub-stations besides their ABC feed (for a total of seven channels). Dish Network only offers two of those (ABC and MyNetworkTV). So glad I have an antenna!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mat1
Recent bookmarks