What's new

METV+ (1 Viewer)

Charles 22

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roy
Remember too, the in addition to competing with all of the many channels out there, the new MeTV+ is also competing against MeTV. So it makes sense that in prime time, when MeTV is all comedy, MeTV+ would pull out a highly rated drama.
Hmmm, that's a curious angle.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Woah, that is spooky use of 22. I do remember now when I saw the episode, that it caught my attention. But that photo I got off that youtube video, was almost entirely dedicated, or so it seemed, to the gambling machine episode with that hip jazz score. Just love that music, as it taunts the old guy every bit as much as the machine itself (though he doesn't hear the music of course). Another slightly interesting thing, is that the first clip is 1:22, or another 22. The second clip is another 22, only at the front end of minutes and seconds instead.

Holy cow deuces are wild!!

phil rizzuto_holy_cow_deuces_are_wild.jpg

I have but one explanation ...​

I'm curious if that flight wasn't flight 22 as well, if they bothered to tell you the flight number.
Reprise ...​

Charles 22

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roy

Holy cow deuces are wild!!

View attachment 117982

I have but one explanation ...​

View attachment 117983

Reprise ...​

I tell you, I have pattern recognition (but here I was thinking, surely they wouldn't go all-out creepy and give the flight the same number!). But what sent a shiver up my spine, is I've had this conversation before about that very episode, but I can't remember where. Man! I remember because I think it was me that used a clip like this, and when she had that corny line about a tarantula, it all came rushing back. I'm not sure how the Praise of Pip end credits fits here, but anything with Billy Mumy in it has to be half creepy. I've seen all the episodes to TZ maybe about a year ago, but I don't have a very good memory for them, and of course I've seen numerous ones on tv through the decades.

You know, sometimes you really wonder, especially with things you have some recollection of, if it doesn't bury in your sub-conscious, and then when you say something like the flight maybe being a 22 as well, you probably only said that because it's deep in there somewhere, but they showed that number so obviously with the morgue, you actually expect to see it somewhere else, even if it is just something they don't mean you to see in the background. Hmm, wonder if their clock, if there is one, says 2:22? Notice, this last vid was what in length? 4:22. 🤣. I'm disappointed the prior clip wasn't :22 instead of :39.

Charles 22

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roy
I was wondering what the episode was called (spoil sports)? I took a search engine, entirely unsure o f the actress's name, etc, and looked up "flight 22 on the twilight zone" thinking the detailed description somewhere might have that in it. Yes, if you haven't guessed it, the episode is named Twenty Two. I'm also a bit miffed they didn't make this the 22nd episode instead of 53rd, or failing that, the 122nd.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I tell you, I have pattern recognition (but here I was thinking, surely they wouldn't go all-out creepy and give the flight the same number!). But what sent a shiver up my spine, is I've had this conversation before about that very episode, but I can't remember where. Man! I remember because I think it was me that used a clip like this, and when she had that corny line about a tarantula, it all came rushing back. I'm not sure how the Praise of Pip end credits fits here, but anything with Billy Mumy in it has to be half creepy. I've seen all the episodes to TZ maybe about a year ago, but I don't have a very good memory for them, and of course I've seen numerous ones on tv through the decades.
I just happened to use the In Praise of Pip closing theme because it's my favorite of all the various versions from each season which I posted here, (shameless plug). The intent was to say all of this can be chalked up to The Twilight Zone.
You know, sometimes you really wonder, especially with things you have some recollection of, if it doesn't bury in your sub-conscious, and then when you say something like the flight maybe being a 22 as well, you probably only said that because it's deep in there somewhere, but they showed that number so obviously with the morgue, you actually expect to see it somewhere else, even if it is just something they don't mean you to see in the background. Hmm, wonder if their clock, if there is one, says 2:22? Notice, this last vid was what in length? 4:22. 🤣. I'm disappointed the prior clip wasn't :22 instead of :39.
I don't believe any of this is just a coincidence because ...

"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area we call the Twilight Zone." :)

Check out the interesting TZ articles @ Decades!

Charles 22

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roy
I was wondering what the episode was called (spoil sports)? I took a search engine, entirely unsure o f the actress's name, etc, and looked up "flight 22 on the twilight zone" thinking the detailed description somewhere might have that in it. Yes, if you haven't guessed it, the episode is named Twenty Two. I'm also a bit miffed they didn't make this the 22nd episode instead of 53rd, or failing that, the 122nd.

I just happened to use the In Praise of Pip closing theme because it's my favorite of all the various versions from each season which I posted here, (shameless plug). The intent was to say all of this can be chalked up to The Twilight Zone.

I don't believe any of this is just a coincidence because ...

"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area we call the Twilight Zone." :)

Check out the interesting TZ articles @ Decades!
Okay. So much Twilight Zoneeish stuff going on. To me, 22 means repetition, at least of the number two, I don't know why exactly, but if you recall the episode in some detail, she keeps having the same dream over and over, therefore repetition. Wow, some fine TZ music here: No wonder, it's Bernard Herrmann.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yokohawaii
Recent bookmarks