What's new

Metropolis/NY Film Forum Request (1 Viewer)

GaryEA

Second Unit
Hi folks,
Despite my close proximity to Manhattan, and the incredible desire to see what I consider my favorite film, I'm not going to be able to see Metropolis at the Film Forum before it's engagement ends.
I was wondering if someone who is planning on attending could pick up one of the posters for me (Link Removed).
I'd really like one to remember the occasion (the restoration, not my attending unfortunately), and I will gladly pay you for the cost, shipping, and your time.
If you are interested, please email me at [email protected].
Thanks again, and stay out of the heat! :)
Gary

Phil L

Supporting Actor
I had no idea that this was playing. Should keep up with what FF is showing, just flaked.

I'll definitely go see this and I'll see about picking up a poster while I'm there.

Are you sure this is a full sized poster? The FF often has glossy one-sheets/mini posters. Either way, I'll see what I can do.

BTW, the link shows that it’s been extending through August 15th. Maybe you'll get a chance to see it.

Phil

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
BTW, the link shows that it’s been extending through August 15th.
This is exciting news. I was at the theater buying tickets last Saturday when the power went out in the West Village from that massive transformer explosion. Got a refund, but Film Forum had to shut down for the day. Since July 25 was supposed to be the last day for Metropolis, I figured I was out of luck, but now I can try again.

M.

GaryEA

Second Unit
I'll definitely go see this and I'll see about picking up a poster while I'm there.

Are you sure this is a full sized poster? The FF often has glossy one-sheets/mini posters. Either way, I'll see what I can do.
Thank you for the offer Phil. I really appreciate it.

I'm not sure about the poster size; I assume it's a one sheet because of the price, but that may be naive thinking on my part.

I'm thrilled to hear about the extended engagement. Hopefully I will get the chance after I return from vacation. (fingers crossed)

If I still cannot make it after I return on the 10th, or if you attend before I return, would you still be willing to help? It's completely up to you.

Again, thanks.
Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks