What's new

Metropolis - anything new? (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Anything new on the Moroder version of Metropolis that was supposed to be happening with the cooperation of a German company?

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
It is officially vaporware. The Metropolis Reconstruction website announced a couple weeks ago that it's not happening; my read is that the people who claimed to be doing it had the rights to neither the film itself nor the Moroder version (big surprise). There are still hopes for a region 1 version of the most recent reconstruction, though talk on that same site about using the original score, which specifies an insanely fast speed of 28 fps, makes me worry that if it comes out it will be junk anyway.
frown.gif
Even at 20 and 24 fps things still look comically sped-up; the lethargic UK Eureka disc runs about 12 fps, I think, and that's much too slow. I haven't gotten around to looking at the Films Sans Frontieres disc yet to see what it's like. Alas, they no longer are making them with the cool metallic covers with the Brigitte Helm robot face....
------------------
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks