What's new

METROID PRIME Review - 9.8 from IGN! (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I'm playing through on hard mode right now. It's still pretty easy, although Thardus is a pain in the ass this time around. I'm at Omega Pirate, and I was wondering if anybody has a new stategy for beating him? During the "normal" mode, it took me three tries to beat him, and on the third try, I only loss one energy tank.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
LarryDavenport said:
Dome, I have been trying to beat the Omega Pirate for over a week. What's your system?
Like anything else, it's half luck and half strategy. Fortunately, I can help you with the strategy part.

Stick close enough to him to stay in contact, but far enough so he doesn't throw punches at you. The minute he starts showing electricity, fire like crazy at his Phazon armor deposits and time your jump to avoid the ground shocks. Repeat this over and over. This is the easy part.

The hard part is when his cronies show up. Here are stageties for each individual one.
Power Trooper: Use the Super Missile Combo to take him out immediately
Wave Trooper: Use the Wave Beam Combo
Ice Trooper: Use a half-charged shot of ice and kill him with one missile
Plasma Trooper: Shoot the hell out of him.
You have to at least kill two of them off the bat before you can concentrate you efforts on the boss. Don't forget to use X-Ray to find him. Any time there are more than two, just kill two and deal with the other two after the boss gets his Phazon armor back.

The huge luck part more or less has to do with the item drops that occur after you defeat a trooper. In my case, two out of every three guys I killed had a medium energy pickup. And there will be times when the Omega Pirates ground smash will kill the troopers.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Dome, but I think I am just going to give up on Metroid Prime and trade it in for a new game. I have spent seven hours out of twenty-five just trying to get past this one part (The Omega Pirate). It doesn't seem worth more of my time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks