1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Metillica used for Torture

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Scott L, May 21, 2003.

1. Scott L

Scott L Producer

http://dc101.com/script/headline_new...320&feed_id=22

[​IMG] Also SPAM alert [​IMG]
    I just got an email from http://word-of-mouth.info claiming they have reports of people complaining about abuse I've been causing them. Although the temptation is high don't click on their links, after a Google search I found they are your basic spamming scum. And to top it off if you register at their site and pay them $30 or so to see who actually complained about you (yea right) they spam you even more now that they have your payment info and can sell it to who they want.

*yea it's Metallica, sorry [​IMG]

2. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Now if they play it on Bose speakers.... oops I think that goes against the Geneva Convention.

Didn't some 7-11s play classical music to drive teens from their parking lot a while ago?

Saw a documentry on Noriega and driving him crazy with loud rock. That's a myth, his bedroom was in the back and he didn't hear anything. They drove some old priest crazy who was in a bedroom in the front of the embassy

3. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

The Metallica thing might be counter-productive, the POWs might take a liking to it :p)

If they really wanna torture those guys, play some Limp Bizkit for them... [​IMG]

4. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

A 7-11 did try classical music when I was living in Salmon Arm. It actually works. All the teens fled to the nearby Tim Horton's instead. A very interesting psychological experiment.

I bet there is a 7-11 somewhere where they play rap music to keep the annoying seniors away. [​IMG]

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

The Hollywood-area 7-Eleven at La Brea Avenue and Sunset Boulevard once used serious music on its PA-system horn speakers as a deterrent against "vagrants" and teenaged hangers-out. Funny thing is, the last time I wandered into that particular 7-Eleven when it was employing that particular corporate policy (years ago), a recording of the Mozart concerto for flute, harp, and orchestra was being broadcast. Just the evening before, I was playing that same piece of music at home on my own system very much by choice (albeit a different performance).

The usual reminder: no war- or political-related comments, please. Thank you very much, gentlemen and ladies.

6. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

LOL [​IMG]

Well, good for the iraqis that the interrogators "only" played Metallica. I can just imagine what would happen if they played some really aggresive Black or Death Metal - it would probably have made the captives' heads explode or something... [​IMG]

7. Devin U

Devin U Second Unit

8. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

9. Markus Lidstrom

Markus Lidstrom Stunt Coordinator

Im pretty sure it was the theme from Patton.

10. Markus Lidstrom

Markus Lidstrom Stunt Coordinator

Im pretty sure it was the theme from Patton.

11. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Are you pretty sure that it was the theme from Patton? [​IMG]

12. Rich Romero

Rich Romero Supporting Actor

Man, if Metallica bothers these guys, I don't even wanna know what would happen if they gave them some nonstop Meshuggah or possibly some Opeth.

13. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

Listening to Drowning Pool would make me submit too...but not because of objectionable lyrics.