What's new

Methane Molecules Found On Mars (1 Viewer)

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Thanks for the post !

I like the assumption:

Shouldn't that be all "known" organics ? Or "all organics that developed on earth" produce methane ?

We're talking about different test labs here folks... our earth-bound rules may not apply. Expect the unexpected. Time to think outside the bun !

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Sorry guys false alarm, after I was abducted by aliens, probed, and the orgy with the other women who were abducted for me, I had to go real bad and Mars was so convienient...:D

Julie K

Screenwriter
To be a bit more serious...

Currently we can only look for life as we know it. How can we know what byproducts to look for in an organism previously unknown to us? How can we differentiate between the byproducts of some unknown and hypothetical organism and geologic processes?

We don't and we can't.

This methane finding is extremely interesting but it should be remembered that methane can also be produced by volcanic activity. Mars has been thought to be dead volcanically, but that idea will certainly be revisited with these findings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks