What's new

Metallica-Ride the Lighting review (1 Viewer)

scottLarson

Agent
Metallica-Ride the Lighting
This starts of the four albums of greatness of that is Metallica. These are the four albums that put Metallica on the map. It's starts with Ride the Lighting and ends with the Black album. This is album is one of the greatest rock albums of all time. A-

1.Fight Fire with Fire-****1/4
2.Ride the Lighting-****1/2
3.For whom the bell tolls-*****
4.Fade to Black-****3/4
5.Trapped under ice-***3/4
6.Escape-***3/4
7.Creeping Death-****1/2
8.The Call of the Ktulu-****1/2

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Scott, You need to hear these albums on vinyl from the LE box set that came out a couple months ago.

The cds sound like shit.

AricB

Second Unit
Kris, couldnt agree more. this and puppets remain my favorite albums by them by far. I even prefer garage days over the rest.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yes, Kill 'Em All was the album that put Metallica on the map. I remember people criticizing Ride the Lightening as being too mellow. :)

Jim Rakowiecki

Stunt Coordinator
Matt, I couldn't agree more. It's a great album but it is also one of the worst sounding CDs I own so it doesn't get much play. Is the new Vinyl copy a significant inprovment?
The CD sounds like it was meant to be played on a boom box.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone remember the picture albums of this record and the songs off it? :)

Chris_Liberti

Stunt Coordinator
Leave out most of the newstead years. The only Metalica albums worth anything are "Kill 'Em All", "Ride the Lightning", "Master of Puppets", and "And Justice For All". "St. Anger" is decent but needs more riffing and atleast a solo. The rest of their albums are worthless

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
RtL is, IMHO, the best Metallica album. I bought it on cassette when it first came out and I still listen to it a lot (on CD of course). Kill 'em all and Master of Puppets are just a notch below but still great albums. I don't listen to their new stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks