What's new

Metallica / Ice Cream / Taxes (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
To me it sounds like you were justifyin your 'stealing' because you purchased the songs afterwards.

Isn't that like taking a car from a car dealership, then (a month later) returning to the dealership to pay for it. Then saying that you don't believe you stole the car because you were only 'testing' it out before purchasing?

The only way that's legal is if the original party agrees to it. So no matter how rare the song is or whether you replaced every song you 'took' with purchased material, it was still stealing.

Like DaveF has been asking, how do you plan to educate people when you yourself are guilty of the very same thing?

I'm not trying to sound holier-than-thou, but that's the reason why you're getting these responses. It's like a carjacker being upset that someone stole his car. :D I tend to not feel much sympathy for someone like that.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Mea culpa; I missed your reference
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Somewhat tangential to the main topic - but I think this idea by Microsoft is interesting:

Microsoft lets Zune music subscribers keep tunes (AP) by AP: Yahoo! Tech

They're going to allow you to keep 10 songs a month when using their subscription service.

I've never liked the idea of the all-you-can-eat rental, because I don't like to pay money and not have permanent access to my music. But this is a nice compromise, you can sample as much as you want (which posters have been saying was a primary benefit of the old Napster) and then keep approximately an albums worth a month.

If this gets people to sample more, it might also drive up additional sales - a darn clever idea.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
That's a nice plan, but I think the $14.99/mo fee is too high. I don't put much value on subscription music (there's just too much uncertainty and no permanance to it), so for me it's like $14.99/mo for 10 songs which isn't a good deal, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks