What's new

Metallica-And Justice for All (1 Viewer)

scottLarson

Agent
Metallica-And Justice for All Review
And Justice for All:
This is the album that help me get into Metallica. I knew about their Black album. I did not know much about their earler music. Someone told me to get this album I did. A-

1.Blackened-****3/4
2.And Just for all-****
3.Eye of the Beholder-***1/2
4.One-*****
5.The Shortest Straw-****
6.Harvester of Sorrow-****3/4
7.The Frayed Ends of Sorrow-***3/4
8.To Live and is to Die-****1/2
9.Dyers Eve-****

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
Unfortunately it is marred by poor production values. It sounds rather flat and tinny. From what I understand, it was the way it was recorded, so remastering can't fix it all that much.

Chris

AricB

Second Unit
i've also read that the drums sound weak cause the bass was following the guitar notes instead of the drum beat, so the drums lack some of the punch they usually would carry, and thats why you get the weird bass reverberation during some of the guitar parts?

BrionL

Stunt Coordinator
I always thought it sounded black and white, kind of like justice. Thats always been what I've thought.

Brion

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
What bass? The bass guitar is completely buried in the mix. I don't think the recording is that bad, and new mix could do wonders for this album. It is doubtful that will happen though.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
At the time, Newsted was pretty much just copying the guitar parts on bass, the bass is really buried in there.
They should attempt a remix on this.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Well, James as also said on the Justice album, he and Lars had a lot of input on recording. He said that, obviously since he plays guitars and Lars plays drums, they tended to bring those out more, and the bass just kind of got buried in there. A shame, really. I think he said this on the making of the black album dvd.
Still a great album, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks