1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Metal Gear Solid series continues...Coming to the PC , PS2 and the X-box

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Romier S, May 9, 2002.

1. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Here are the news articles under IGNX-box, IGN PS2, and IGNPC:
    X-box Article
    PS2 Article
    PC Article
    Looks like Konami is really going to be pushing the franchise. Its nice to see it go multiplatform too. (Especially PC!).
    EDIT: I just found this article which gives some details about what substance may be:
    MGS news
    If that article is true there is some serious reason to be excited. The remake of MGS 1 would be worth it alone!

2. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor

No GCN Article?

D'oh.

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

So we get a new MGS title every year with a real sequel every other year and a spinoff in the in-between years. SWEET!!!

The only thing is, will a compilation MGS/MGS:VRM/MGS2 game be worth $50? WHAT AM I SAYING!!! OF COURSE IT IS!!!

4. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

A remake of Metal Gear Solid? Cool! I'd love to see an update of the original Metal Gear and the REAL sequel, not Snake's Revenge. A GBA port would be neat...

5. BrianB

BrianB Producer

6. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Daniel
    Interesting. A "Compilation remake" of the existing games... That's all merged into one or what? Hmmm, well, that has raised any eyebrow with me (Roger Moore style) more than a simple enhanced issue of MGS2 on X-box would. Whilst I enjoyed MGS2, thinking back on the experience, it was somewhat underwhelming in that I had to watch more of it than I was allowed to play.

I never got into the first MGS much, I didn't play it as much as I should have as I was in a minority of 1 who became underwhelmbed by the original Playstation as a console (seriously, it put me off gaming). So in the respect of a suped up version of the original, I welcome that with open arms.

Like Brian, the idea of milking the franchise every two years does worry me somewhat.

Dan