Metal Gear Solid series continues...Coming to the PC , PS2 and the X-box

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Romier S, May 9, 2002.

1. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Here are the news articles under IGNX-box, IGN PS2, and IGNPC:
    X-box Article
    PS2 Article
    PC Article
    Looks like Konami is really going to be pushing the franchise. Its nice to see it go multiplatform too. (Especially PC!).
    EDIT: I just found this article which gives some details about what substance may be:
    MGS news
    If that article is true there is some serious reason to be excited. The remake of MGS 1 would be worth it alone!

2. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor

No GCN Article?

D'oh.

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

So we get a new MGS title every year with a real sequel every other year and a spinoff in the in-between years. SWEET!!!

The only thing is, will a compilation MGS/MGS:VRM/MGS2 game be worth $50? WHAT AM I SAYING!!! OF COURSE IT IS!!!

4. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

A remake of Metal Gear Solid? Cool! I'd love to see an update of the original Metal Gear and the REAL sequel, not Snake's Revenge. A GBA port would be neat...

5. BrianB

BrianB Producer

6. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Interesting. A "Compilation remake" of the existing games... That's all merged into one or what? Hmmm, well, that has raised any eyebrow with me (Roger Moore style) more than a simple enhanced issue of MGS2 on X-box would. Whilst I enjoyed MGS2, thinking back on the experience, it was somewhat underwhelming in that I had to watch more of it than I was allowed to play.

I never got into the first MGS much, I didn't play it as much as I should have as I was in a minority of 1 who became underwhelmbed by the original Playstation as a console (seriously, it put me off gaming). So in the respect of a suped up version of the original, I welcome that with open arms.

Like Brian, the idea of milking the franchise every two years does worry me somewhat.

Dan