Metal Gear Solid Remake Coming to a Console Near You

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brandon_S, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Brandon_S

Brandon_S Second Unit

It looks like the much rumored remake of the original Metal Gear Solid is actually going to happen! Color me excited. While I felt technically Metal Gear Solid 2 was a great game, its story left a lot to be desired. Can't wait to experience an updated original on the PS2 or Xbox!

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/ne...2&nid=26-74.db

2. James T

James T Screenwriter

I got an Xbox around Christmas and the first game I bought was MGS2:Substance. Didn't even try a demo, or play the first one, I just bought it because I liked action spy games. I loved every minute of it, even if the story was a bit off at times...I guess most of the time.

But just recently, I borrowed Metal Gear Solid for the PC from a friend. I'm almost done the game. I'm kinda stuck on destroying the Metal Gear. Other than being a shorter game, compared to MGS2, the story is 10x better. With a graphic improvement, it may win a couple game of the year awards for people who initially missed out on it the first time around.

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

MGS2's story was just way too complex. If they simplified it or decided to focus on the main points and then allowed the gamer to find them out on their own (by reading the documents on the disc or something like that) it would have been better. Either way, the gameplay parts were great. I can't wait to see MGS updated.

4. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

Oh man this is gonna be awesome. I always thought the original MGS was one of the best games ever. I agree that while MGS2 was amazing technically the story and insane amount of cut scenes make it fall below the original to me. I for one can't wait to play the original Metal Gear Solid in 5.1 on my XBox. Now if they remade the original Metal Gear, I'd be in hog heaven [​IMG]