Messed up Manual Convergence Hitachi 51SWX20B - Need Help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ImranQ, Jan 5, 2003.

1. ImranQ

ImranQ Auditioning

Hello,

Need Help with my Hitachi 51SWX20B.

I was doing the Manual Convergence, did the data write to ROM, saw the green dots. Pressed the MUTE button to return to the convergence pattern to see if it is acceptable and everything was out of whack, tried adjusting the lines again and then pressed PIP Mode and turned off TV.

Problem is that convergence was all out and now when I press Magic Focus button I get a Green coloured message that says STATIC MODE and then one line going vertically down the middle of the screen and one line going horizontally along the middle of the screen. Both lines intersect in the centre. Once the pattern finishes I go back to the signal and everything is out of whack.

The only way I can get a half decent picture is going through the video menu, accessing Magic focus, switching to Manual and then manually adjust red and blue to the grid.

Can something be done to fix this Static Mode function and get the Magic Focus and proper convergence?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Imran Q

2. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

After doing service mode convergence, press PIP MODE. ROM WRITE? will appear. Press PIP MODE again to write convergence data to ROM.

After doing this, the green dots will appear. You have to press MUTE to return to convergence pattern, and after confirming convergence press PIP MODE and then PIP CH to initialize Magic Focus. This will take about 30 seconds. When the green dots appear, turn the power off, wait a few seconds, and turn the set back on. Magic Focus should work at this point.

KJP

3. ImranQ

ImranQ Auditioning

Thanks but I cant get back to the service convergence grid.

I press Magic Focus button once and the STATIC MODE message come up, I press MAGIC FOCUS button again and the convergence grid comes up for a split second but disappears and I'm back to the NTSC signal again.

I can't seem to get that grid back.

Any thoughts?

4. Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson Screenwriter

From what I understand, if you don't do the PIP MODE then PIP CH steps to reinitialize Magic Focus, the only way to fix it is to open up your set and press the blue service button to reset everything.

5. ImranQ

ImranQ Auditioning

Any Idea on how to open up the set and find that blue button without messing something else up?

Thnaks again for all your help

Imran Q

6. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

Pull the speaker covers off, and remove the panel. The button will be in the far left part of the cabinet, on a circuit board. It's a tiny, sky-blue button. Press it and you'll go into the service mode convergence. Once you're there, touch up convergence as needed, then follow my steps in the prior post to save and initialize Magic Focus.

KJP

7. ImranQ

ImranQ Auditioning

Thanks a bunch Kevin,

BTW this whole thing started off when I wrote to Rom first time and then after green dots pressed the MUTE button to re-check convergence, everything was off all the lines were out of sync - what do I do if this happens? Go ahead and press PIP MODE and PIP CH to initialize Magic Focus or do something else?

Imran Q

8. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

My guess is you didn't write the updated convergence to ROM. Or you restored it from ROM without saving it. If you do convergence from scratch in service mode (by pressing the hidden button) and save it to ROM it should hold.

KJP

9. ImranQ

ImranQ Auditioning

Thanks once again for all your help.

I was able to reset the TV using the blue button,

went through convergence and all is well. Magic Focus back and running!!!

Do you know of any good, reputable ISF people in the Toronto area? May need someone to come and adjust geometery and other parts of the TV.

Regards & Thanks/

Imran Q

10. MichaelFusick

MichaelFusick Second Unit

MichealTLV or gregg are both the best....