1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Message Icons...Do we have to?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Catherall, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

If we absolutely have to have the message icon feature, can't it default to "none?" It defaults to a big smiley face. If you aren't paying attention you might not change it while posting a rant or some other post that renders it inappropriate.
    I really don't like message icons. They're very distracting and it's one more thing I have to think about when trying to make a quick post or reply.
    ------------------
    Bill [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. James D S

James D S Screenwriter

A mistake I just made. [​IMG]

3. John Miles

John Miles Stunt Coordinator

I agree. Those big green blobs look ridiculous and clutter up the forum. Very unfortunate choice of color and contrast.

4. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

Well, it seems that message icons are gone (for the time being). Maybe somebody is just playing with the software.
    ------------------
    Bill [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Bruce Abar

Bruce Abar Stunt Coordinator

6. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Guys:
    Give me a break. I am playing around with the layout of the software and the "message icons" are gone. Now the only difference is the far right icon is black and will allow you to save this page to your PDA.
    Parker