What's new

Message for BrianKR (1 Viewer)

Paul D. K.

Stunt Coordinator
Brian -

I've read your review of your SVS B4 Plus. I appreciate all the work you put into it.

I noticed in your review that you have Nautilus speakers. Which B & W Nautilus' do you own? I have 803's for my fronts, HTM1 for my center, and 804's for my rears. I've been looking at the new Nautilus ASW 800 or 850 as my choice for a subwoofer. Have you listened to either one?

After reading your review of the B4's I showed my wife pictures included in the tread. My wife isn't pleased with the size of the B4. She's not sure she even wants a subwoofer. Do you think the B4 will be to overwhelming? Do you think two 800's or 850's would do as good of a job as one B4? The B & W's both have 1000W built in amplifiers. The difference is a 12" vs. 15" Woofer.

Thanks for your feedback.

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
Paul....the Nautilus ASW 800 could not even better the SVS 25-31PC-Plus in a head to head comparison...same room, same equipment...same everything! My "brother-in-law" has just finished purchasing a complete B&W setup: (2)805's,HTM-2,(4)SCM1's....really awesome! With this setup he elected to go with the ASW800. After watching "Finding Nemo" I (politely) suggested that he try the SVS 25-31PC-Plus. We were shocked at the fact that the 25-31 could better the ASW 800 in the very bottom end. There would be NOOOOO comparison to the B4-plus!!!!! Not even in the same solar-system. Yes I know the ASW800 is beautiful and it matches the other speakers...but if you are after performance...you are headed in the wrong direction with the B&W.

Paul D. K.

Stunt Coordinator
Mike - Thanks for the feedback. Do you think the difference is ported vs. non-ported? Number of Woofers? Size of Woofer? How would I find out if there was someone in SW Michigan that had a SVS PB-1 Plus or PB-Ultra. They look like I could have them stained the same color as the B & W's.

Since I first posted I've come to the conclusion that the B4 is too large (WAF - and I don't mean Wallet). I am going to look at getting two subs due to the size of the room (23'8"(L) X 23'(W) X 7'10"(H) and place them diagonally across the room from each other.

However, as you pointed out, the ASW 850's really look nice and match the rest of the system. Do you think that two of these 15" sub-woofers (vs. your BIL's 12" version) will work in my size room?

Thanks again!

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
I am going to look at getting two subs due to the size of the room (23'8"(L) X 23'(W) X 7'10"(H) and place them diagonally across the room from each other.
Try co-locating first...you may have a problem with room induced cancellations if you sepparate them! The PB2 Ultra (because of it's finish) would be my first choice. 2 PB Ultras would light that room up....don't get stuck on the B&W!!

And...yes..(2) ASW 850's would work in that size room quite nicely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks