What's new

Merlot, Monterey Jack and Apples (1 Viewer)

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Ahhh, the indisputed King of Cheese (per Mario Batali). I prefer it crumbled myself, actually more like hunks than crumbs.

Lew, you must try the Stilton with pears if you haven't yet, this was a holiday tradition at my house. The tradition has sort of faded since the year the kids ate all the pears (sans cheese) and my brother proclaimed the stilton tasted "like an unwashed stable". For a while I could not eat stilton without tasting . . . well, you know:b .

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the mention Jeff. We normally have stilton with figs and walnuts—we have also put out pear slices, along with other fruit and cheese, but I’m not sure that we have intentionally made this paring ;) for a couple of years.

Does anyone else make a meal out of fruit, cheese and wine? And perhaps a little pâté? And some good bread/crackers, of course. This has long been one of our favorites. We love this, along with a fire in the fireplace, perhaps a little Mozart or Miles and just let one thing lead to another.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I'm still trying to figure out if Andrew dislikes Monterey Jack or is he just acting like it. ;)

Um no I don't. Does 'you guys' equate to America or just anyone not living in the UK?

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Lew, I'd forgotten about Sage Derby. Lovely stuff, provided you can get a good supply. Some of it is bizarre (and that's being polite).

Yes, Charles, but you didn't have to ruin every cup you've drunk since 1776 to carry on making that point. :D

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
LOL Glad you got that I was joking. Yes, there are many things that we only pretend to do right here in the usa, but you gotta admit, we have our own style. :D

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Why limit yourself to only one cheese?

Gouda, Cheddar, Jack, Brie, Muenster, mmmm. I could go on.

For me it is aged cheese only, no lactose please.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks