What's new

Merlin 3B+ Loudspeakers, Yamaha CDX-1100u, and Tara Labs cables. (1 Viewer)

Tim_J_M

Agent
Pair of Merlin 3B+ Loudspeakers. These speakers are 10 years old but in the best possible condition for a speaker of this age. Im rating them a 7 due to the age alone and because the "sock" that wraps around each speaker could use replacing as they are starting to come un-glued in areas and while this obviously doesnt affect the sound and only makes them look unattractive, its worth replacing just to make the speakers look new again. (Ive already contacted Merlin for the replacement sock and they cost $26 each, so you could make each speaker look like new for $52). The sock is like what you would find on a pair of Vandersteen speakers, its basically a big piece of grill cloth that wraps up the speaker. Anyway , not only are these time-aligned and very accurate, they can rock or play classical or anything else!
These retailed for $3200 and I have the receipts still as well. These were always kept out of direct sunlight and in a non smoking enviroment and sound incredible, they have seperate tweeter and midrange controls and are bi-wired internally. Im only selling because Im moving to a 7.1 setup and I can not afford the Merlin HT setup and my gf thinks the Merlins are too big for our small apartment (they honestly are). You can see pics Link Removed.
Speakers weigh close to 150lbs each since the bottoms are sand filled. Local pickup only! I will not ship these and arrangements to hear them can be made. If you pay by paypal, c2it.com or yahoo paydirect, you pay the 2.8%. I am accepting all reasonable offers and or trades.
I have close to 100 positive Ebay feedback ( [email protected] ) and you can also find my Heatware feedback at www.heatware.com under the name SexualChocolate.
$500
Yamaha CDX-1100u CD Player.
Very good condition 8/10 I would rate it. Missing remote but any universal works well. This thing is heavy Id guess 35lbs or more. Was Yamahas highest level CD Player when it came out and is still better than 90% of the CD Players out there today. has very nice DAC's and has both analog and digital outs.
$75 OBO (plus shipping)
Tara Labs cable
2 3 meter runs of Tara Labs Space and Time Quantum III speaker cables/hose. Very big, solid, audiophile quality cable.
$75 OBO (plus shipping) ($50 if bought with the speakers or CD player)
Ill entertain trades so shoot me a PM or email.

Tim_J_M

Agent
Merlins now $500 and no more OBO. Need to get them out of the apartment before Thursday (new bookshelves arriving)

Tim

Tim_J_M

Agent
To avoid anymore emails, I simply can not ship them, they are just too heavy and are not designed to be shipped. I will however offer to drive and meet someone halfway up to 100 miles.

Also in order to clean up the space here, Im takign best offer on the above items, speakers, cables and cd player. Also looking for a good turntable in trade.

Tim_J_M

Agent
bump..

the joys of loving music and living in Alabama, no one else here to buy/sell with ; )

Tim_J_M

Agent
I dont get it, am I giong to have to pay someone to take these things lol. Actually, Ill put them in storage and just wait till I have the room for a 2 channel room since these sound so great.

Sanjay H

Agent
I am interested in the CD player but need some more info before i decide. 1)What is the disc capacity of the CD player is it a one disc or multiple disc player. 2) Does it play CD-R & CD-RW. 3) What will the shipping charges be to Florida.

Tim_J_M

Agent
Single disc and does play CDR/CDRW, shipping to FL, hmm I dunno, my zip is 35802 if you wanna figure it out at ups.com it weighs a good 40lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks