What's new

Meridia - Weight Loss Drug (1 Viewer)

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Hi Gang,

Just checking to see if anyone out there has tried this prescription yet. I have been on it for about 6 weeks now and find that it works pretty well. Only side effects so far is some less than perfect nights sleeps lately (that could be from a lot of other things though). After six weeks I have lost 21 lbs.

I see that there are some people concerned about the safety of this drug (and I think it is always good to be concerned about prescription drugs) but I hope that it turns out to be a safe, effective way to help me lose weight.

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit
No disrespect, but you've lost around 4lbs a week. That's very good, IMO.

But you could still have the same results with some very hard work (diet and excercise). Not saying that you are not now, I'm just saying that these results could have been/can be achieved naturally. No side effects to worry about then as you wouldn't be on any form of medication.

Edit: actually, you probably wouldn't lose as much weight as you'd gain some lean mass in addition to losing the excess unwanted weight. This would be desireable anyways.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Jason:

I agree that it could be done without the drug. However, after many, many attempts at doing just that, it has not worked. You have to understand that my problem (and that of many overwieght people) is addiction. To say that I would lose weight by eating less is like telling an alcoholic that he should drink less or an anorexic to eat more. It just is not that simple.
My hope is that with this drug as an aid, I can learn to curb my addiction and get used to eating less and not caving into mad binges of sweets. I hope that after 4-6 months of this drug, I can stop taking it and continue on my own.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Meridia was developed to be an anti-depresent, but instead of doing that, it curbed food cravings and is non-adictive.

My physician has a wellness program for losing weight where he prescribes certain medications at the beginning (Meridia included) as part of the eating and exercise program. Once results start to show and the patients form good eating and exercise habits, he takes them off the medications.

The key is forming the good habits, and Meridia, which will stop the improper snacking cravings, certainly helps. Once they become second nature (which is what a habit is), then the medication isn't necessary.

I took Meridia for 2 or 3 months while doing my dovtor's weight loss program. I lost 50 lbs and 4-5 inches over the course of about 6 months, and fortunately, I've kept it off for another 6 months since, even with holidays this time of year. Now I just need to improve my exercise habits so I can get rid of the last bits of stomach flab and keep my muscles toned.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks