What's new

Merged Thread: "SUNRISE" restoration, original score, and reviews (1 Viewer)

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
OK, I checked Fox's website and there don't seem to be any links to this offer or what titles qualify or anything about Sunrise. It's a terrible website. What offer are you all talking about? Where can I find the details about it? Help! :b

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
Jason--

I agree, Fox is treating this release like it's classified information affecting national security. The link for Fox Studio Classics is not on the main Fox website.

The gist of the offer is this:
  1. Buy any 3 DVDs in the Fox Studio Classics* series by 1/31/2004
  2. Send in the 3 proofs-of-purchase, $2.50 S&H, and a mail-in certificate contained in the DVDs
  3. Fox sends you the Sunrise DVD (6-8 weeks later)
  4. Sunrise is not for sale at this time (though it may be in 2004) & can only be obtained thru this offer
  5. Offer only available to residents of US & Canada (excluding Quebec) & limited to ONE PER HOUSEHOLD/ADDRESS[/list=1]

*Release Schedule (subject to change):
    • Already Released: All About Eve, Gentleman's Agreement, How Green Was My Valley, An Affair to Remember
    • 3/4: The Day the Earth Stood Still
    • 4/1: The Ghost & Mrs. Muir
    • 5/6: Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing
    • 6/3: The Grapes of Wrath
    • 7/1: Anastasia
    • 8/5: The Inn of the Sixth Happiness
    • 9/2: Titanic
    • 10/7: The Mark of Zorro
    • 11/4: Laura
    • 12/2: The Ox-Bow Incident

Hope this helps.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Well, I need the disc and I think I found what 3 SC's I'll get. I definately want The Day The Earth Stood Still. The Grapes of Wrath looks interesting...

Can anyone give their opinion on The Mark of Zorro? If it's at least better than the 1998 film, I think I might buy it.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Yeesh. They got us by the shorties don't they? :angry:

OK, if I have to do this, then I think I have my three:

1. Day the Earth Stood Still - a no-brainer really

2. All About Eve - another no-brainer

The third I'm not sure about but I'd really like Laura and Inn of the Sixth Happiness (Donat rocks). I have a certain fondness for The Ghost and Mrs. Muir but I'm not sure I want to own it.

I understand Fox's rather ruthless marketing. They want to know who their audience is for this kind of stuff. They're assuming I'm well-educated, middle-to-late middle age, of high-income, and am a connoisseur of fine movies. They're also assuming that we want Sunrise very, very, badly and are willing to jump through hoops to get it. The marketing department has no doubt pigeonholed us for a few other things too. What kind of things will I be offered when they stick me on that marketing list?

Either way, thank you very much for the information. I'll have to decide what to do.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Brian: Don't forget the sales receipts. In addition to the POPs and the $2.50 check, you must also send in the original, correctly-dated sales receipts.

Has anyone received their SUNRISE yet? I sent for mine a few days ago.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone give their opinion on The Mark of Zorro? If it's at least better than the 1998 film, I think I might buy it.
I thought that the '98 MASK OF ZORRO was terrific fun, but there's no doubt that the 1940 Rouben Mamoulian/Tyrone Power film is superior. It has one of the greatest duels in cinema history(between Power and Basil Rathbone), and a classic Alfred Newman score. I eagerly await the DVD of this title.

Carrol

Agent
This is an FYI to anyone who has already sent out your UPC's for the SUNRISE DVD. I just recieved mine today in the mail. I think it would be safe to start looking for yours soon, as well.

Carrol

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Carrol-

How long ago did you send in your UPC?

Mark

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mark,
I received Sunrise on Monday after sending my documentation in on January 14th.

Crawdaddy

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
Sorry for being slightly off topic but I'd like to know how a non-USresident can send $2.50 to participate to this offer (my brother,currently in the USA for business doesn't have a US bank account)...

Thanks in advance

Vincent

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Tell him to go to a bank or post office and get a money order for $2.50. It will cost more because a money order costs *I believe* two dollars, but it's the only way to do it if you don't have a check.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks