What's new

Merged Thread: Richard Harris Dead at 72 (1 Viewer)

Jay Rodriguez

Stunt Coordinator
I always enjoyed Richard Harris in movies. My wife is just in love with the man. The world has lost a true gem. You will be missed sir.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
A very sad loss. I loved him in all the roles I saw him in. A real pickle for the third, (and subsequent, if any) Potter movies. They can't just make his character go away if he's in the books, but another actor, it wouldn't be the same. Still maybe a good replacement would be Ian McKellen.

Danny Knapp

Stunt Coordinator
What an incredible actor. His portrayal of Emperor Marcus Aurelius in Gladiator gave a strong performance of his acting talents.

Although I was not a Harry Potter fan, I saw the first one in the theaters. I enjoyed his part in the film very much and was looking forward to seeing him in the 3rd film. But it appears that will not happen...

I cannot say enough good words about him. All I can say is, "Thank You."

Mary M S

Screenwriter
My wife is just in love with the man I always have been. It started with what I perceived as a hole in the plot of ‘Camelot’. I could never understand how Guinevere could have been attracted to the good looking but non-stimulating personality of Lancelot when she had Richard Harris as Arthur.

I have always looked on actors with greater attachment when I feel their real life persona is reflected in their screen appearances regardless of professional abilities. Richard Harris always made me feel that he would have been just as exciting dangerous and charismatic in real life as many of the characters he portrayed.

The dignity and resonance he reflected in his latest films like ‘Harry Potter” brought a presence to these parts that the industry will have trouble casting so ably in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks