What's new

Merged Thread: Predator 2 2/4/03 (1 Viewer)

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Jay,you mean in region one right? If so SWEET!!!:D Its been long overdue! Where did you hear this if you dont mind my asking?
Luis S

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
The R4 PAL version is uncut; it was edited for its Australian theatrical release in 1990 but these scenes have been re-inserted on the DVD. The R2 PAL version also appears to be uncut, as the BBFC passed the US theatrical cut without any edits.

Adam

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
$11 something shipped at DDD.

Glad I am a freakin procrastinator!! I was waiting for the R4 P2 DVD to come back in stock.

I can definitely wait! Thanks!1

Scott W.

Second Unit
It's just what it says... Predator 2 out 02/04. To see the announcment yourself, check out DVD File and look under Disk News -> A Time To Kill.

Scott

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
It's about time! It appears that it will be barebones. I can roll with that as long as it has a nice transfer. Thanks Fox!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...002/10_30.html
It is not barebones with just the movie, all the extras are not listed in the article, but it has a feature and the original trailer. Furthermore, it's retail price is only $14.95 which means you can probably buy this dvd at around $10.00-11.00. Sometimes, I think we get spoiled in our expectations from the studios on dvd releases. Every title won't be a special edition loaded to the gills with extras.
Good job Fox for giving the fans of this film a very affordable dvd with an anamorphic transfer and 5.1 audio.
Crawdaddy

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Looking forward to this DVD. While it was nowhere as good as #1, it's still darn enjoyable and that 5.1 mix will be kickin'.

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Predator 2 is a great exploitation/B movie - tons of OTT gore, some boobies and a ridiculous final reel. And
Bill Paxton dies yet again in a rather stylish sequence.

I love it to bits and would've bought the R2 long ago - IF it was available separately. AFAIK it's only been available over here as a two-pack with the horribly-cut original Predator dvd, so I steered well clear and waited for the fateful day when Predator 2 R1 was finally announced. And lo, that day has come! I'll just have to console myself with my Predator SE in the meantime. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks