What's new

Merged Thread: Okay, So what DVDs did you all get for X-Mas ? (1 Viewer)

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
$120 worth of Best Buy gift certificates. So, it won't be long and I'll be adding a few titles to my collection.:D

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I got
Minority Report
Seven Samurai - CC
Spellbound - CC
and The Importance of Being Earnest - CC

Merry Christmas to all!

Chris S.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Sounds like you were naughty this year... ;)
Actually I like those films :b
I am the weird guy who has like over 200 DVD's including some very good popular selections, but will always watch the now $6.00 "Pump up the Volume" DVD and now "Real Genius" and "Back to the Future", at least weekly.
I'm a sucker for films that remind me of my youth. I'm probably the only person that cries when the DeLorean is smashed and the BTTF 3 credits roll....it's so final. :frowning:
Luckily I have BTTF on DVD now, and I'm also weird enough to not have noticed anything wrong with it. :b
Oh and I may have been a little naughty. ;)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
didn't get any, but I gave the roommate lilo and stitch and minority report, so I might as well have gotten them :)

Shane Bos

Second Unit
I got:
South Park Season 1
Ice Age

Now I have to go to A&B sound and Future shop in the morning to buy more with christmas money. Maybe a digital camera too.

I bought with Christmas Money
E.T. Gift Box
Pearl Harbour - Gift Box
Jurassic Park trilogy
Back to the Future trilogy
Men in Black 2
Crocodile Hunter
Goldmember
Star Wars Episode 2
Minority Report
Nickelback Live at Home

didn't get the camera they were sold out before I got there at 9a.m.

H

Hank

Dr. No
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
Reign Of Fire
Band Of Brothers

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
My birthday was two days ago, and I got BTTF and Minority report.

Today, my son gave me Drunken Master, and I got Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Operation Condor and Victory. We bought It's a Wonderful Life today at Blockbuster. I also got about $50, which will go toward DVDs this weekend.

My wife also gave me an Audiovox D1730 portable DVD player w/7 inch screen and DD/DTS audio output!

UPDATE!

Using Christmas money, I picked up the following:
Lara Croft, Tomb Raider
Eight Legged Freaks
US Marshals
Rush Hour 2
Deep Blue Sea
Mr. Nice Guy
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Windtalkers
The Rock

VERY Merry Christmas!

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Back to the Future trilogy. My brother knows me better than anyone, we hadn't discussed it but that's the only title I felt was missing from my collection.

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
Merry Christmas all! (Or Happy Hanukah, take your pick...)

The Fifth Element Superbit Collection (and we watched it today; I haven't seen that since the theatrical release. Awesome. zzzzzizzzit!)

We're going to be ordering BTTF with a gift soitificate... yaay!

I might have to track down Pump up the Volume and Real Genius... and CB4 is coming in January! Yaaay!

Gui A

Supporting Actor
Got a bootleg VCD of a DVD I already have.
I didn't know how to react. As soon as I opened it, I knew it was a bootleg. DTS written in Arial font on the spine... and on the back: Region 4 logo with Region 1 text, "Reited R For Widescreen Produced marc inc", "I have found that The BIG Picture DVD news site is one of the most interesting and relevant of all websites dealing with the many aspects of DVDs."
And the kicker? the discs themselves have the logos from Warner Bros, Paramount, Walt Disney AND Columbia!
I just kept laughing to myself as I noticed error upon error. I gave my uncle a great hug and told him thanks.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Probably more to come for my birthday, a week and two days from now. If you can help it, I'd reccomend against having a birthday close to Christmas, as it seems people just withhold Christmas gifts for your birthday.
Me too Andrew! My birthday is January 2nd. When is yours?
I was handed a present, began opening it, then was told "oh, no, don't open that, its for your birthday"! :frowning:
Jeff- you have some fine taste in music! :emoji_thumbsup:

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I might have to track down Pump up the Volume and Real Genius... and CB4 is coming in January! Yaaay!
Best Buy has Real Genius for 19.99 I think, and they have Pump up the Volume for 6.99 (walmart has it for 6.44 if it's in stock)

CB4 would be cool, I am looking forward to Fletch Lives and Gleaming the Cube.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I just "stole" Amelie from Deep Discount DVD for $13.80! Damn cheap for a pretty popular two-disc set that came out less than a year ago!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
My mom just gave me $60 as an 'xmas present' (when really, $20 is allowance, $20 is to refill my cellphone minutes, and $20 is for anything else), im gonna go get Robin Williams: Live on Broadway :)

John K Carter

Stunt Coordinator
My wife got me 2 Akira Kurosawa box sets.
Kurosawa DVD Collection: Numbered Limited Edition 4833 of 5000
Ran, Madadayo & Kurosawa documentary
and
4 Samurai Classics: Seven Samurai,The Hidden Fortress, Yojimbo, Sanjuro - Criterion Collection
I'm happy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks