What's new

Merged Thread: LOTR: ROTK - Theatrical & EE Release Dates? & DVD Features (1 Viewer)

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
I'm not a statues/collectibles person, but a whole DVD on the symphony? One way or another, I'm going to have to pick that up.

OMG
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
this is totally amazing!!!! thanks for the info mate

Any news of the official release date?

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel

Whether or not any of it will be in 5.1 I have no idea, but the concert footage is of the Montreal performance and it is interspersed amongst documentary footage charting the creation and touring of the live symphony.

When Shore told a bunch of us about this disc a couple of months ago at the Royal College of Music in London, he noted that the running time of the documentary currently stood slightly north of fifty minutes.

Dan

KyleG

Stunt Coordinator
I think I see "December 2004" on the white card above the set...this, of course, would only confirm what we've already known. I just wish they'd get official with the release date.

RyanWard

Auditioning
That is awesome! I can't wait to add it to my LotR shelf, along with the others. I'm really happy they decided to put Minas Tirith as the collectible...I predicted they might, but thought it would be far too much trouble. Anyway, thanks for the picture!

Ryan

Daniel P

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sold on this one, like that ugly looking Gollum statue...what are we supposed to keep in it? It's kinda wanky I reckon...the bookends are classy IMO, but the 2nd and 3rd efforts appear tacky to me.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
"Gondor: The White City"

Not to be nit-picky, but Gondor is the name of the Kingdom. The White City is "Minas Tirith".

Great picture, but yes it is already being discussed here in the ROTK DVD thread.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
The pipeweed stash box is cool but the missing white tree isn't. It isn't Minas Tirith without the white tree. :confused:

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Wow, first time I've seen this. I love it, both the bonus DVD and the statue! I passed on Gollum, but I'll be getting this baby! Can't wait til December!

Ric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks