What's new

Merged Thread for Back to the Future? (1 Viewer)

Frank_W

Stunt Coordinator
I have to go with Raphael on this one. I only want part I

as well. Part II and III were 'okay' for me, but part I is definitely

a purchase.

JohnJB

Stunt Coordinator
Part I only for me also (I like to be a little discriminating)

I really hate having to buy shite films to get the ones I want, Godfather Part III, perfect example, I'm embarassed to have it in my house, it's one lousy turd of a movie and IMO BTTF II & III are around the same level, no heart, just 'show me the money'

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
For me it's a no-brainer purchase of all three. Part I is the best, of course, as most Part I's are. Part II seemed forced and largely unfunny, as though they struggled with devising a worthy follow-up story that would fit the "To Be Continued..." tag scene at the end of Part I. Part II probably also suffered from originally being part of one large story (which was to be called "Paradox") and couldn't really stand on its own without major tweaking. I dunno.

I'm in, though.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I want all three, but I do agree that Part 2 isn't as good as Parts 1 and 3. It feels a bit forced, and doesn't have the warmth and humanity of the other two parts. Of course, that's because most of it centers around Biff! :)
/Mike

Andy_B

Stunt Coordinator
I will be getting all 3.

Part 2 was by far my favorite.

The ending of Part 2 was the most enjoyable ending to a movie I have ever seen.

It has been so long since I have seen these and even longer since I have seen them in WS. I can't wait!

Andy

Jon_B

Screenwriter
I love all 3. Parts 1 & 3 are my favorites. Did you all know that BTTF II did better in Japan than any of the Star Wars movies?

Jon

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I and II are both awesome and I like them very much. Part III is pretty weak, but I'll get it to complete the Trilogy.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'll buy the BTTF trilogy too. Regarding Indiana Jones, I actually like the 3rd one a lot. The chemistry of Harrison Ford and Sean Connery was great. The dialogue was also very well done. I watch that laserdsic the most followed by Raiders.

So I cast a buy vote for both trilogies.

Raphael

Stunt Coordinator
I dunno. Personally, I find it highly unlikely that parts 1-3 would ever be released separately, mostly because they're very much part of a continuing story. Unlike the Supermans, in which each part can stand alone, part 2 and 3 only make sense in the context of the others. Who in their right mind would purchase only part 2 without the others?

I'm afraid I might be forced into buying all 3. Screw that, if I have to buy all three then I won't buy any at all. I have too little money to buy whole movies I don't like all that much.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Who in their right mind would purchase only part 2 without the others?

Those who have seen all three and like Part 2 the best, of course.

I would find it much more strange if they were NOT released separately.

Either way, after watching BTTF2 yesterday, I am soooo desperate to get these movies.

/Mike

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Nope, I want them all baby. For me, two was always a fun one, but orginally, I hated the third movie, but over time it grew on me a lot. Plus, it will be fun to watch it and enjoy the 80 theme resturant again ^^.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I will be picking up all three. I have not, however, purchased the Godfather set, because I don't want to pay for the 3rd movie. That was a complete waste of time and money, as fas as I'm concerned.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>>I and II are both awesome and I like them very much. Part III is pretty weak, but I'll get it to complete the Trilogy.
>>
While it's a tough call for me, I can't really say wich one is my favorite. 1 is great because it's the original. 2 is great because it continued the long wait for the story to continue, but it also gave us a different look at the events of the first one, wich I don't think any other film has done. Too bad they could have filmed all THREE in 1985 to further the effect....
As far as three goes, I think this is the one with the most repeat value, and it has the best ending sequence with the train :)..

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I've never seen BTTF pt.3. I'll have to rent it for a dollar on VHS just to see if I like enough to buy it on DVD this summer. I'm definitely getting I and II.

Raymond Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
I'd go for the whole series.
The original is the best,but the sequels,especially part 3 where good & had some memorable moments.

MatS

Screenwriter
sorry if this has been answered somewhere else (I searched) but has their been any announcement about the release of these seperately as I only want the original

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I have not, however, purchased the Godfather set, because I don't want to pay for the 3rd movie.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks