What's new

Merged Thread For All AOTC DVD Problems; Please Post All DVD Related Problems Here. (1 Viewer)

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Didn't Dolby go back to the drawing board over DD-EX flags after the probs some amps/receivers had with Pearl Harbour and JP3? I think they said that there wasn't gonna be any DD-EX flags until further notice. Or am I wrong?

And just for the record, there are no problems with the R1 widescreen version on my three-year old Pioneer DV-525. I've also found the other easter egg. It's in Dex's Kitchen and isn't too hard to find. And that gag-reel is way funnier than the one on the TPM dvd.

Brian Kaz

Second Unit
The only problem I'm having with this disc is that I have to manually select English 2 subs to get the alien subtitles. I have a RP-82.

Mark ZA

Agent
Havent experienced any of the other problems ppl are describing but I do get terrible pixelation on my Panasonic DVD-A7 just before the layer change....the sound drops out as well.
I suspect this one is just a bad disc. :frowning:

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
I have multiple audio drop outs and picture jump in the 10 minutes or so and including the scene with Obi-Wan in the diner examining the dart with his buddy. I have panasonic RP-91. I'll try it later on my Toshiba or PS2

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't had any serious problems with my discs (thank God) and the layer switch is barely noticeable on my Pioneer DV-414, but I did notice something odd (which might be what other people have referred to as combing; pardon my ignorance if it is) while watching some of the promotional material on Disc Two.

Basically, at the end of the "Mystery" trailer, and at the end of one of the web documentaries, along the bottom part of the frame, you can see a whitish line running parallel to where the widescreen frame itself (not the WS frame of the film) ends. The disc didn't skip or anything, but this still kind of bugged me.

Like I said, I don't know if this is combing, but that's the only thing I noticed "wrong" on my copy of the AOTC discs.

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
I noticed the same thing as Michael mentioned, a white line during the Mystery trailer. It was quick, but happened maybe three times. I haven't finished watching all the extras yet. I will check out web docs tonight.

Garfield

Auditioning
I have the dutch/french widescreen version of Attack of the clones.

At the Lars Homestead when Anakin gets up to find his mom, there's a plopping sound I can't place. Does anyone know what this is or if it is a mistake in de soundtrack.

Could it be Anakins Braid hitting something(a Microphone), is it owens lips that make a "plopping" sound before he starts speaking. Or is It Cliegg Lars'
Chair.

Maybe it was added at the last moment before the film's release as I do not hear it on the French soundtrack.

Can someone tell me, I need te know.

I would also like to know if this sound is audible on the region 1 usa/canadian dvd.

Thank's

Dennis Heller

Second Unit
I had three short pauses somewhere around the hour mark (1:06:00 perhaps). The first was almost certainly the layer change. The second two were similar, but shorter pauses. I also got the white line in the extras. I have a Panasonic RV32.

Christopher a

Stunt Coordinator
"NickC was simply responding to this post from Steve Lockwood"

Absolutely right. Sorry. I get a tad unsettled when I think someone is just posting that their equipment works just fine in a thread dedicated to dvd problems. Gotta read more carefully.

Chris

ArmandV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Armand Vaquer
I mentioned this at the other AOTC thread, but it is better suited here.
I am having trouble getting the movie started. It seems to take forever and sometimes the player cannot read the disc (Disc 1 only, so far. Disc 2 seems okay.) and I will get an error message. Once it does play, it plays nicely (although I did notice two quick pauses or a skip). Anyone else having these problems? For the heck of it, I am going to play it again shortly to see how it goes. None of my other DVDs have done this sort of thing(including boots).
Oh, yes. My player is a RCA RC 5215P.

Randall Z

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed a what seemed like a short pause/dropout when Obi Wan and Jango Fett are talking in Jango's apartment. Has anyone else experienced this?

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
The layer change was barely noticable on my Panny RP-56. The alien subtitles seemed OK too although I was jumping around in the movie.

The second sonic charge seemed weird though. It seemed as though there was a bad edit there and that some of the asteroids had exploded before the shockwave hit. I know everything goes silent right before the charge goes off, but something just seems wrong.

Ralph

Tom McA

Stunt Coordinator
How's the overall low-frequency audio response striking y'all? Seems to me they mixed this movie with all low-freq FX turned up to 11. Since I'm running without a subwoofer, my receiver (Sony STR-DA50ES) sends all the LFE channel info to the L&R speakers, and they're having trouble handling all the combined boom FX. The first big ship flyby at the beginning of the movie - "rumblerumblerumbleCRACK!WHACK!SNAP!rumblerumble" Whoa! Crap! Turned it down, played it again, "rumblerumblerumblerumblerumble". Fine. Turned it back up a little, rumblerumblerumbleCRACK!WHACK!SNAP!rumblerumble". Unless I play this movie QUIETLY, I'm gonna damage my speakers. However, even with the volume fairly low (a little too low for my taste, dialogue-level-wise), at 9PM with about 10 minutes left in the movie, our downstairs neighbor came up asking what the noise was. He was friendly and smiling, but you could tell it was a polite "Turn it the the fudge down" visit. Great. Too quiet for us, and still too loud through the neighbor's ceiling. I've never had this problem with action movies before. (This is also the first DVD to scare the hell out of our dog...) From a manly man point of view, I suppose I could look at it as, "Hey - I should buy new and more powerful main speakers!" (Considering the neighbor's reaction, I shouldn't go with option #2, "Hey - I should buy a subwoofer to take the LF heat off my mains!") Anyone else have a similar experience?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
how do you find the outtakes?
On the options screen on disc one, highlight the THX logo, but do not select it. As it is highlighted, enter "1138" and the outtakes and credits will roll on their own. I guess someplayers enter "1-1-3-8" and others (mine included) enter "11-3-8". Good luck!

Stefan A

Second Unit
I mentioned this in another thread but thought this was a better place. I seem to be getting "grain" or as others have called it, video noise. I believe it is happening all the time, but it is only noticable in certain scenes. For example, the ones below.
So far, I have ruled out dvd player problem. I tried 2 different component video cords, so I don't think that is it. I am going to exchange discs at BB and hopefully it will be a disk problem.
Track 4 - Red Background. It spreads to other parts of the picture.
Track 5 - 7:40, Blue Background
Track 7 - Inside the room at the beginning
Track 13 - In the restaurant. Everywhere.
edit: I spoke to a friend of mine and asked him to look at a few of these scenes with his equipment and dvd. He has a direct view tv (much smaller) and he is seeing the same type of noise. I guess our eyes are just sharper than everyone else in this forum :).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks