What's new

Merged Thread For All AOTC DVD Problems; Please Post All DVD Related Problems Here. (1 Viewer)

CarmenC

Auditioning
[q]I guess I must be a success story, no problems to report here. I found the video quality to be fantastic, but was disapointed with the sonic charges in the astroid field scene. The sound of the charge just was not as loud and intence as it was in the theater. Nor was the distinct sound that the space ships make. Overall I was very happy. I would still give it a

Maybe I just need to keep tweeking my receivers settings.

Last edited by RickBlacker on November 13th, 2002 at 12:38 PM

Check your reciever settings to make sure the dynamic range compensation isn't set to high.
This kills the dynamic range ( loud vs. soft sounds) in soundtracks.
Peace,
Carmen

RickBlacker

Stunt Coordinator
Check your reciever settings to make sure the dynamic range compensation isn't set to high.
Carman
Ya, thats what someone on the Klipsch forum suggest also. Well, actually, they suggested turning it up. I will just have to play with it and see what happens. :)

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
I found the video quality to be fantastic, but was disapointed with the sonic charges in the astroid field scene. The sound of the charge just was not as loud and intence as it was in the theater.
That was also my impression. My guess is that they toned it down so as to avoid complaints of fried speakers...

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I am going to have to return my copy. It pixelates twice during the Jango Fett/Obi Wan scene fighting scene. I have a Panasonic RV80.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I was just going through some of the extras, and I froze twice coming back to the Web Documenraties menu after playing one, and once when trying to access the posters in Dex's Kitchen. Looks like the disc just confused the hell out of my player (Apex AD-600a). Managed to access everything eventually though, but the problem was there.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Well I haven't watched mine yet, but because of all the problems reported here I did open it and test it out yesterday. Watched the first few minutes of the movie, no problem and I did get WS in the WS box. How come there is no indication on the DVD itself of the AR? You have to actually watch it to check.

As for disk 2, it worked and I watched one deleted scene, Padme addressed the Senate, (which they should have incorporated into the movie). No problems there, as far as I can tell.

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
No problems on my Toshiba SD6200. Got widescreen in widescreen box, layer change was very brief and smooth. I wish the enclosed info included a flow chart of the special features to make it easier to find a specific feature I would want to watch. I had to do a bit of searching to find the R2D2 mockumentary preview.

BTW, where is the Easter Egg?

JimmyK

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Layer change is almost un-noticeable on an old-man Sony 7000. In general I find most layer changes to be almost instantaneous on this first generation grandfather. If it could play DTS discs, I probably would never consider a new player.

WS in the WS box and haven't found any problems on disc 2.

Scott Barnhart

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Anyone try Disc 1 in a Malata N996 yet? On mine, as soon as the THX intro is finished, and it is trying to play the movie, I just get "Disc Error". Disc works fine on my Panasonic RP82 and my Sony DVP-S3000.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I thought the sonic charge scene was a little more dynamic in the mid and higher frequency range in the theaters like most of you have noted, but the bass still kicks during that scene on the DVD like I didn't remember it on in the theater. Still sounds great to me on my system.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Yeah, I noticed the same thing about the sonic charges. They seem to be EQ'd differently on the DVD. In the theater, there was a very strong midrange that really made them stand out.

I can't seem to get the bloopers to work either on my Sony DVP-S330. I'll have to try it on my computer DVD drive I guess.

-Dan B

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
That was also my impression. My guess is that they toned it down so as to avoid complaints of fried speakers...
Who remembers the warning label on the back of the Paramount Apocalypse Now LaserDisc? I blew a speaker during the napalm strike, back when my system was a lot less good than it is now (and when I was more reckless).

Dan B

Screenwriter
I got it (the bloopers) to work finally. I just had to stop the DVD before entering title 3.

-Dan B

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I'm not getting subtitles in the 3rd act on my rp-56.
i forgot what scene it is, but earlier in the movie they use subs and those do show, later they don't.
when i channel thru the subtitle options, i either get ALL the dialouge close captioned, or i get subtitles along with the screen id of whoever is speaking on the commentary track.
very annoying.
have not tried it on a malata yet.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
For those who want to know if they have a widescreen disc 1, here's a way to find out. From TheForce.Net:

I just returned my "Full Screen in Wide Screen" Ep 2 DVD. The girl at the return counter said she'd been doing it all day. Here is the way to tell the difference: The incorrectly packaged DVDs have a 7 as the last number of the UPC symbol (the small number after the last group of 5). The correctly packaged DVDs have a 6 as the last number.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I'm not getting subtitles in the 3rd act on my rp-56.
I was having this problem on my Pioneer DV-47Ai, and I believe I found that if you go into the Options menu and explictly select EX and no subtitles, it fixes the problem. Of course, since it is another player we are talking about, YMMV.

JohnTKline

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone else out there having the problem of your reciever not going into dd-ex mode automatically? I've tried other discs that trigger it but AOTC is not????I had to set it manually lock on to get it into dd-ex...

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks