Merged Thread For All AOTC DVD Problems; Please Post All DVD Related Problems Here.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shane L., Nov 12, 2002.

1. Shane L.

Shane L. Auditioning

My player won't read disk 2 at all. I cleaned it and no dice. It seems to be a player problem since I tried it on two Sony DVD players and both of them can't read it. Anyone else who has a Sony player experiencing this problem?
    My Player
    Sony DVP-560D
    Thanks.

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I'm betting it's a bad disc

3. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I'd second that. Try exchanging it and see if it happens again.

4. Mike Butny

Mike Butny Stunt Coordinator

Did anyone notice the layer switch?

5. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Please report all problems dvd related about Attack of the Clones in this thread. Also, take the time to read other posts; you may find that someone else already has addressed your particular problem.
    Crawdaddy

6. JeffreyMercado

JeffreyMercado Second Unit

I have the exact same DVD player and did not have a problem watching all deleted scenes.

7. Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr Screenwriter

My problem is that I can't watch my disc....until this weekend! [​IMG]

8. Chris Biggs

Chris Biggs Agent

The layer switch is right after Jango and Boba come out of hyperspace and into the asteroid field before Geonosis.

9. Gil Clark

Gil Clark Extra

Warning: open your AOTC DVD now instead of later.
    I purchased my WIDESCREEN AOTC DVD at Best Buy yesterday, got it home and opened it up, looked at disc 1 with Jango Fett on it. Lo and behold I see the words FULL SCREEN on the disc. Look at the cover to make sure. Yup, I got the WIDESCREEN cover but the FULL SCREEN disc.
    Returned it immediatly and the sweet girl at the exchange counter said they got a WHOLE batch of these.
    To identify without opening, the correct packaging has the cellophane wrapping nicely folded over at the top and bottom of the package. The wrong version looks like it's been resealed.

[EDIT] Forgot to mention I did pop it in and right after the THX intro the words warning about it being "modified to fit my screen" (like they know the ratio of my screen) showed up.[/EDIT]

10. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Cinematographer

This was originally posted in the Official "Star Wars - Episode II: Attack of the Clones' Release/Discussion thread Page, but I thought it was better suited for this thread, as I might actually get some responses to it. [​IMG]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello all.
    My apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere previously, but this thread is so ungodly long, I couldn't possibly read it all. I tried a search in the Home Theater Software forum too, and I did not see this topic mentioned.
    I have not sat down to watch the feature presentation on the Star Wars - Episode II: Attack of the Clones DVD, but I did pop in disc two and run through the promotional material: trailers and TV spots, as well as the deleted scenes. What I noticed was an excessive amount of combing. This was mostly limited to the promotional material, with the TV spots and the music video being the most guilty parties.
    I recently purchased a Pioneer DV-47Ai, my previous player was a Pioneer DV-37, which I've seen comb a bit, especially during supplemental material. The DV-47Ai is outputting a progressive signal and my display, a Mitsubishi WS-55905, is a progressive display.
    Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this too? I'm beginning to wonder if I set up my new player properly.
    Thanks.

11. Trace Downing

Trace Downing Supporting Actor

Trace Downing
    Same thing happened to me as Gil.
    Got it home, not noticing the "full screen" on the disc, and there it was..."This film has been modif..."[​IMG]
    I think I'm just going to open up 5-10 w/s boxes when I return it, just to let off some steam! I just hope that I find an actual REAL movie when I go to the store.

12. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

I cannot access the bloopers easter egg on my JVC 75GD. I can on my PC DVD-ROM, but there is skipping on that.

13. Leroy

Leroy Second Unit

Anyone getting the subtitle errors similar to Phantom Menace. i.e. Not getting the commentary subs?

Also, when alien language subs come up(which seems to be randomly) when watching the regualr feature, so does the name of whomever is doing commentary on the commentary track. The sub pop up even with subs forced off.

I'm wondering if it's JVC (mine is the 723GD) players only again?

14. GrantM

GrantM Stunt Coordinator

I use the JVC 95GD. The alien language subtitles worked on my player this time. They did not for episode one.
    Have not listened to the commentary, so i don't know if those subs work.

15. JohnTKline

JohnTKline Stunt Coordinator

Hey, I don't think this dvd has the flag to lock in my reciever into dd-ex mode. I have to do it manually. Anyone else have this situation?
    I put in Blade II and it switched to dts-es automatically just to check another disc.

John

16. RickBlacker

RickBlacker Stunt Coordinator

I guess I must be a success story, no problems to report here. I found the video quality to be fantastic, but was disapointed with the sonic charges in the astroid field scene. The sound of the charge just was not as loud and intence as it was in the theater. Nor was the distinct sound that the space ships make. Overall I was very happy. I would still give it a [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Maybe I just need to keep tweeking my receivers settings.

17. Grant H

Grant H Cinematographer

I had some subtitle difficulties with my new Sony player as well.
    After some experiementing the problem seems to only happen if the player doesn't start the disc from scratch (load up the entire menu sequence preceded by the FBI warnings.)
    If I stop the disc (full stop, not resume stop mind you) and hit play or menu it either starts the film or goes directly to the menu screen. It is this situation when I get seemingly random subtitle activity. Sometimes no alien subtitles at all, sometimes to many subtitles (i.e. commentary or all English subtitles).
    I have a changer, so the answer seems to lie in rotating through all the discs again before playing after a full stop (this of course only works if your multi-disc resume is on off).
    Otherwise if you're watching the film and you have something wrong subtitle-wise, just hit Menu and go through options, selecting your sound and "off" for subtitles. When you hit "resume film" everything should be hunky dorey.
    Apparently there is a lot of index reading the player has to do for these discs, and they goof up if they skip over that process for "quick starts".

18. Rich Stone

Rich Stone Stunt Coordinator

I did notice a pretty good pause at the layer change - something I'm not used to seeing on my Proscan PS8680Z. Otherwise it played without a hitch, including the special features disc.

Great video, much better than the theater (non-digital) which was very grainy. This transfer is flawless in terms of video. As for the audio I was quite impressed - not as loud as TPM, which is a good thing. No harshness even at reference level. Great use of the surrounds and LFE and well mixed. Most impressive!

Rich

19. Steve Lockwood

Steve Lockwood Stunt Coordinator

I am having trouble playing it on my Playstation 2. It keeps locking up. Did anyone else have any problems with this?

20. Robert_Powers

I have the Panny RP62 and have no problems with the exception on Disc 2.During the trailers and TV spots there seems to be this brown line that flashes at the bottom of the screen, it will zip by and sometimes it's stays there....very annoying.