What's new

Merged Thread: DVD Release of Married...With Children, Sanford and Son , All in the Family & etc (1 Viewer)

Scott W.

Second Unit
I feel really bummered right now... the MWC that is going to be released next year is actually a 'Best of' collection. I got this bad news from the other MWC thread.

That really bites... HARD.

Scott

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I would think that Jeffersons S2 - whenever it hits - will be on 3 DVDs, just like AitF S2 and S&S S2 are about to be.

I imagine that Jeffersons S2, and LS S2, will hit in about 4 or so months. The great sales on S&S's S1 set probably inspired C/TS to switch places on it with LS, would be my guess. Jeff S1 sold well, too...but not as well as S&S!

Incidentally, Columbia is also releasing a truckload of TV stuff for kids soon:

1/14 JayJay the Jet Plane: Liking Yourself Inside and Out
1/14 Markdowns on the 4 existing JayJay titles (to $14.95)
1/28 Berenstain Bears, The: A Little Goes A Long Way
1/28 Berenstain Bears, The: Beary Good Lessons
1/28 DragonTales: Easy as 1, 2, 3
1/28 Markdowns on the 5 existing DragonTales titles (to $14.95)
1/28 Bear in the Big Blue House - Heroes of Woodland Valley
1/28 Markdowns on the 8 existing Bear in the Big Blue House titles (to $14.95)
2/04 Maggie and the Ferocious Beast: Let's Go to the Beach!
2/04 Markdown on the existing Maggie and the Ferocious Beast title (to $14.95)

6 new kidvids, and markdowns on 18 others! Whew!

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
Agree this is great news, except that MWC thing. I'm thinking there'll still be season sets, but there are a whole lotta people not wanting to commit several hundred $$$ to any one series. Those Best of Friends discs still seem to be selling...

And Carl, boycotting all their tv product won't help. That'll just lower sales on the ones they do right, lowering the odds of future full seasons.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Resurrecting the thread so I can vent a little. It's just that it seems awfully unfair that Columbia's announced Second seasons of Mad About You and The Jeffersons, and the rest of their DVD series seem to be doing okay, yet with Married with Children they're releasing a 5-episode disc "to test the waters" (to quote one website). Test what? They're already into second seasons on most of their shows on DVD, but with MWC they wanna test and see how it does? Am I the only one infuriated at this? And the worst part is that I'll probably be picking up the MWC DVD on 02/02 just to show the studio that their test has been successful. Bastards.

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
Well this is utter crap! I have been wanting MWC since the beginning of dvd and now they are pulling a "best of" bs on us. Well hopefully they will see the demand for this and release the season sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks