What's new

Merged Thread: DVD Release of Married...With Children, Sanford and Son , All in the Family & etc (1 Viewer)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
According to the article link below, Married...With Children season 1 is slated for release on DVD next year!!!
http://movies.yahoo.com/dvd/news/df/...530240000.html
This is exciting news for those of us that are fans of that hilarious show. I am going to be poor next year with the upcoming season box sets of Quantum Leap, Sliders, and now Married With Children.
Man, 2003 will be a great year for TV on DVD!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
It seems the first season of MWC will be released in May 2003. Hopefully the subsequent 10 seasons will follow shortly. I'd prefer a season on a tri-monthly basis, personally. Just not yearly, or every 6 months. Too long. I'm already collecting The Simpsons!

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
As long as Sony is starting to release TV shows... What about SEINFELD??? Unless that show moved to Nelson/Castle Rock's control, and could unfortunately be in legal hell.

I'd buy those complete seasonal sets in a heartbeat!!

(as long as they were spaced close together and priced reasonably)

I've seen just about every episode two or more times and they still have stuff that cracks me up.

Had my fill of Peg and Al's whining years ago.

Dan

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Dave, I won't (and obviously can't) speak for PaulP but earlier today I saw a post at DVDTalk that said the poster spoke to "the owner of a DVD site" who said that Columbia told him a May 2003 date, and that all 11 seasons were planned to be released. I assume that Paul also read that May date today at DVDTalk.

Since no specifics were given by the poster, I'm not giving it much validity but who knows.

greg_t

Screenwriter
This is good news. Now if we can get Dukes of Hazzard and Night Court dvd sets on the way! I'd also go for Cheers and Seinfeld, but as long as their in big time syndication, I doubt they'll see a quick release. But then again they are releasing Friends, so maybe there is hope!

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
YES Finally MWC is coming to dvd WOOT! Now the only question is how long and will they release every season..but for now this is great news WOOT!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Well, I'm going to sign up to buy them ASAP, but I do hope Columbia does continue the other four shows whose first seasons I bought, plus delve further into the TV library.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Just curious - what do you think this will retail at (for season 1)? $29.95?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
...who said that Columbia told him a May 2003 date, and that all 11 seasons were planned to be released
Now, after experiencing Columbia's close-mouthedness firsthand on many an occassion, I find this statement even harder to believe! :laugh: But, as I just posted elsewhere, anything's probable...

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hi,
who said that Columbia told him a May 2003 date
Ugh, so that's already two TV shows from Columbia in May (Dawson's Creek & MWC). I hope the list price is low(ish), but I better start saving anyway. Who knows what else is going to turn up that month. :)
Chris

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Columbia Tristar has just announced the release of more TV products. Look for All in the Family: The Complete Second Season, Good Times: The First Season, Married... with Children: The Most Outrageous Episodes! Volume #1, and Sanford and Son: The Second Season to street on February 4th. All should come with new fullscreen transfers and DD 2.0 Surround audio tracks. More information should follow soon on extras (if any), exact episode listings, and pricing.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully this will end all the Columbia only releases season one and then quits conspiracy theories.
It is amazing how many TV shows are coming out now that the studios realized they will sell on DVD. Its really forcing you to start being more selective on which TV shows to get. Just too many to buy now.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
BUMMER! Major disappointment!! I welcome TV on DVD, but despise best-of sets. At least with ALF there were three two-parters that were sort of seperate from the rest of the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks