What's new

Mercury Living Presence SACDs Scheduled for October 12th (1 Viewer)

Seth--L

Screenwriter
Dennis,

You have to search by artist. For instance, do a search for "dorati janis."

I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon knocked a few dollars off once we get a little closer to street date.

With shipping, each disc is 16.03 at MDT. That looks to be the best price. I've been holding off seeing if any US retailers will drop the price closer to mid.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Seth,
Up until about a month ago I could search Sack Dee titles at Amazon by merely putting "SACD" into the title field and the label into the "label" field. This would return all SACD titles released by a given music label. A few weeks ago this stopped working. How odd.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Well now it's only a week away and Amazon is still quoting list price. :thumbsdown:

Hey if you had Byron Janis perform Scott Joplin, would you get Janis Joplin?

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
That quote was from the above website[Seth's link],so if one wish to a better mix might not get one's wish granted, we shall see.So maybe the 3 ch layer gets it "right"?I've been looking for a really god recording of the Rach 3,my current 2 other versions[1 is an SACD from Sony with Volodos on piano],not exactly sonic references.

Seth--L

Screenwriter

Tower.com is having a sale on all Uiversal CDs/SACDs; the MLP discs are only $14.24. Shipping is free (and speedy) on orders of $20 or more.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Cheap is good. Funny thing, I was just in my local B&M Tower over the weekend. Hadn't been in there for about 3 years. The classical selection was way down and there were NO Sack Dees or DVD-audios present.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Well here's a warning if you are going to get these from Tower. Tower's site is screwed up. You may search with "compact disk" or "super audio" as entries in their advanced search engine. But neither the Mercury Living Presence nor the RCA Living Stereo SACDs show up using "super audio" in your search - they are incorrectly listed under "compact disc". :angry: :thumbsdown: Once you finally find them, the detailed description makes it clear that they are the right disks, e.g. "this is a hybrid SACD....."

Tower is also missing the Howard Hanson 1 and 2 MLP disc from their selection..... :angry: :thumbsdown: They seem to have all the others.

Seth--L

Screenwriter
Dennis,

That's why you always search by catalogue #. Of course it doesn't look like any of the online US stores have that up yet.

DanFe

Second Unit
Dennis, if you think Tower is screwed up you should try Link Removed engine. Now that place is screwed up.

Seth--L

Screenwriter

MDT's search engine is structured around catalogue #, which makes sense since they sell discs from both the US and UK market.

MDT has a SACD only database where you can either view all SACD releases, or search only SACD discs. This more than almost everyone else does. There are links to it at the top center and left side of the screen. Here's the direct URL for it:

http://secure.mdt.co.uk/Exp_asp/SACD.asp

DanFe

Second Unit
No, MDT's SACD only database is anything but complete. I tried looking for Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 1 conducted by Jarvi and went to the SACD database--wasn't there. Had to search under October new releases (not the SACD database). Looked for Sibelius/Sinding Naxos SACD under the SACD database--wasn't there. Had to search under September new releases. The new Rachmaninov piano concertos on Hyperion also aren't under the SACD database. They have SACDs in all parts of their website but not well-organized at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamywaby
Recent bookmarks