Mephis Belle question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alan_P, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Alan_P

Alan_P Extra

I got this disc for christmas and finally watched it last night. I thought it was funny that the trailer for the movie is presented anamorphic, but the movie isn't. Has anyone else seen this with Warner Brothers discs?

Also are there any plans for a new version of this movie?

2. John_Berger

John_Berger Cinematographer

Unfortunately, you'll see this *a lot* on DVDs where a movie might not be anamorphic but some other aspect of the disc will be.

I have a MAJOR gripe against 20th Century Fox because they did this with the "M*A*S*H" Season 1 DVD set -- the movies are anamorphic, the episodes are not. There have been a lot of other threads here about this kind of inconsistency from probably every studio.

I also own "Memphis Belle". I bought the DVD before I even had a DVD player. I wouldn't mind seeing a new transfer either.

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Umm, the episodes are 4:3. Given that it's a consistant AR for the set(not like with extras on a movie), I don't see the problem.....

4. Kai Zas

Kai Zas Second Unit

I Bought Memphis Belle because ist's one of Ben Browders first roles. Had a tough time spotting him in that flick too.

5. John_Berger

John_Berger Cinematographer