Menus on DSOTM SACD?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Steve Geery, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Steve Geery

Steve Geery Auditioning

Finally got the multi-channel output corrected, and it is a stunning listen, to say the least. My question is, does this disc have no graphics whatsoever? I assumed it would at least have the rudimentary visual content of the Hotel California DVD-A????

Thanks,

Steve

2. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

SACDs do not have any menus or graphic content.

It just music. And as you may know, to select the different mixes (MC, 2CH, Redbook) you normally use the players menu, although their may in fact be some players that let you do it from the remote.

BGL

3. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

There have been no SA-CD with visual content to date, though providing for some content is part of the spec. I believe this has been the case so far, since SACD was originally sold as an audio only format and first provided in players without DVD (and hence a video output) capability.

There have been rumors about a SA-CD II coming down the pipeline which does video content along the lines of a DVD-A. There have also been rumors that Sony may start putting out DVD-A discs when production of the new dual sided Hybrids hits the market. Either way, I think it is safe to say that we are moving towards more video content and increased interaction in the audio world.

J

4. Steve Geery

Steve Geery Auditioning

Thanks for the quick replys! I was just worried that I may have been missing something!

Steve