What's new

Men's Dress Shoes (1 Viewer)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
When I buy shoes there are two things I look for.
First - I hate leather soles. I avoid them. Rubber soles are much better. They don't slip, don't 'click' when I walk and are more gentle on the feet.

Second: I look for soles which are stitched on, not glued. This will usually take you to the next price level but is well worth it. The glue is most often where a shoe fails, so stitching is superior - plus with stitching the sole is easier to replace.
Beyond that I really don't care much. I do prefer shoes which are laces vs slip on. That is about it. I usually spend $100-$200 for my shoes.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Funny how we all develop our own likes/dislikes.

Eric_L and I match one out of three. Stitching I agree with, no glue.

But I also love leather everything and slip ons, hate lace up shoes. Clicking is more from the heel.

Main thing is look for quality and a good fit. Nothing squeaky, they can be a little snug since leather stretches a bit and no wingtips unless you're 55 or older, terribly aging shoes.

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
I really like my Cole Haan shoes. They have Nike Air soles and very confortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks