What's new

How To Men’s Cologne 🤷🏻‍♂️ (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
i havent bought cologne in 20 years (Drakkar Noir 4ever!) Apparently there’s whole new art and science behind smells. Since I left my go-tos at home while I’m on a cruise I started doing some research and tried a few on ship and on shore. Heres what sounds interesting to me, and I bought 2 regular bottles and a few samples to try. What are you digging these days?

Guilty by Gucci w pepper
Blue by Chanel
Dior Sauvage
Gucci last days of summer
Maison Margiela ✅jazz club and barbers
Byredo biblotech
Tom ford Oud Wood and black
Atlas blue
Nue functional
✅ Versace Eros
Prada Luna Rossa
Carolina bad boy
Paco Rabanne million and ✅ invictus
Ferragamo intense leather
Victor Spice bomb

Last edited:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Timely topic. I'm with you, Sam. I'm just too cheap and lazy to keep up with cologne trends so, unless my wife buys it for me, I generally don't bother. Yesterday I was helping my brother clean out his burgeoning garage when we ran across a bottle of this. It's probably been there for 20 years but still smelled enough like "cologne" for me, so I took it home.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Don't really bother with colognes, since a lot of workspaces and public areas in Canada ban the use of perfumes and scents.

If i did use them, it would be whatever came to hand. No preference.

JimJasper

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
These days I am wearing

Versace Dylan Blue

My GF loves it. I always get compliments.
This is literally my favorite now. A guy (a doctor) at my gym would spray it on, and I couldn't resist and asked him what it was, about 4 months ago. He said it was this, and his wife got it for him. It's definitely my next. I wear Ralf Loren: Safari, but the Versace Dylan Blue is far better: magical.....clean, romantic and Caribbean and masculine....

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is literally my favorite now. A guy (a doctor) at my gym would spray it on, and I couldn't resist and asked him what it was, about 4 months ago. He said it was this, and his wife got it for him. It's definitely my next. I wear Ralf Loren: Safari, but the Versace Dylan Blue is far better: magical.....clean, romantic and Caribbean and masculine....

Jim, this is really surprising to read. Never thought anyone would be wearing the same cologne I was.

I had never heard of this cologne, but the guy who came in and installed my Peloton Bike was wearing it. I was embarrassed to ask a guy what he was wearing, but I did, and I was so impressed by the scent that I immediately bought it.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I was embarrassed to ask a guy what he was wearing, but I did, and I was so impressed by the scent that I immediately bought it.
I was thinking the same thing. Bill Burr has a whole routine on how us guys might live longer if it were socially acceptable for us to express our feelings, etc.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
I haven't worn cologne in about 15 years. Don't really know why I stopped, but Ralph Lauren Polo was my go-to back in the preppy 80s and Calvin Klein Obsession in the 90s. The last I wore regularly was Thierry Mugler in the mid 2000s.

You've piqued my interest with Versace Dylan Blue and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. I'll have to check them out the next time I'm at Saks or Nordstrom and guys, c'mon, it's almost 2023. It's really ok to ask another guy what cologne they're wearing. And see how happy that question made your wife or girlfriend?

SuperClark

Second Unit
Real Name
Clark
I want to try a sample of that. I don’t smoke, do you think that will affect whether I like it?
Sam I don't smoke either but the cologne was a gift- the lady who bought it for me thought I would enjoy it and she was right.You can read the reviews of course but they have limited value.I do like the scent of vanilla also.So a sample would be the best way to go and try it on your skin.I only wear colognes now and then but I like them medium strength.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
It's really ok to ask another guy what cologne they're wearing.

I’m 52 and single. I’ve reached peak dgaf about what anyone thinks of my choices any more :) I’m just looking for scents that make me happy on the rare occasion I go out. This cruise was the perfect opportunity to try new things and in general I trust HTFers for their insightful and honest responses. 4 hours later this thread has been an epic win. Thank you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks