What's new

Men who hate grilling (1 Viewer)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
No mooing but I can still see the jockey marks! (Inside joke from Lexington KY.)

I like my steaks medium rare and 8 minutes seems to produce a great Ribeye.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
8 minutes can work. Especially if you get your grill nice and hot (think 500 + degrees) before throwing them on.
That sear will lock in the taste, then its a matter of how well your eaters want them. There is nothing better than a well grilled steak on the bbq. Most people cannot replicate that indoors, I know I can't. So if we want steak, and we spend $50-$80 on bone in ribeyes, you want to make it count.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Bubba Burgers, as the box will tell you, are supposed to be put FROZEN on the grill. You wait until you see a bit of liquid (fat) rising from the top side, then flip them. Personally, considering the high price of these supposedly heavenly patties, I prefer 80-85% lean burger from the supermarket, molded to the size and thickness I choose.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Lew,
I've only tried it on Costco 1/2" burgers. Probably something thicker won't work. The grill only takes 10 minutes to get up to cooking temperature.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Mmmm ... Bubba Burgers. I remember the craze years ago here at HTF when everyone was trying out those patties.

~T

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
The fat is also what makes the burger taste good (assuming a quality beef is used). IIRC the Bubba Burgers give very explicit instructions on how to cook them. They are probably the best frozen patty I've tried. Some key tips:

- Your grill must be ultra-clean prior to placing food on it
- Lightly oil your cooking surface to prevent sticking
- Use tongs or a spatula, never a fork (puncture holes drain all the juices)
- No mashing the burger while it cooks (juices = flavor... don't squeeze it out)
- Let the cooked items 'rest' a few minutes before eating (more time for larger cuts of meat)
- Burgers and steaks like high heat. Pre-heat the grill before throwing meat on it. You should get nice sear marks.
- Minor flare-ups are normal. Some cookers offer a drip pan or deflector to prevent the grease from hitting the flames directly.

It sounds like you need a book covering the basics. Your description of "black on the outside, raw on the inside" tells me that your are doing something fundamentally wrong. Look for a book called the "BBQ Bible"... the first chapter is on how to use a grill. There are also a ton of recipes that most people do not associate with a grill (many are very good).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks