Men of Honor: the next big Xbox FPS?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Larry Talbot, Jun 11, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Larry Talbot

Larry Talbot Second Unit

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/423/423188p1.html

I love semi-realistic military FPS so this is right up my alley. But what REALLY has me enthusiastic about this game is the fact that it will let you SAVE during two-player co-op mode!

"We plan on supporting a two-player cooperative mode that allows the player to play through the entire game with a buddy. We want co-op to be as accessible as the single player experience and the players will be able to save their progress and continue in the same manner as in single player."

Finally! I'm so glad a developer has decided to do this. (I'm also glad that the Voodoo Extreme writer bothered to ask about it in the first place. I see way too many game reviewers that mention co-op mode but skip over the lack of a save feature entirely.)

2. Larry Talbot

Larry Talbot Second Unit

I don't know much about the Xbox version Dean, but I was not a big fan of SOF or SOF2 for the PC. No offense, but IMO SOF's emphasis has always been on exploding heads and other body parts, rather than good game play or level design. Don't get me wrong - I love exploding heads and other body parts as much as the next guy, it's just that I love good gameplay and level design too.

3. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

The majority of the team behind Medal of Honor has left to form their own company, and Men of Valor is a whole new team. I'm going to be skeptical about this one....

-Dave

4. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

If it doesn't have Live, it's not going to be big, and it's EA, so no Live

6. Larry Talbot

Larry Talbot Second Unit

"it's EA, so no Live"

Yes, but not all of us have access to Live. While I may have such access in the future, right now I don't. If I want co-op or multiplayer, I'm stuck with split screen. And I have found it VERY frustrating, from Halo to Wolfenstein, to be unable to save co-op games the same way I can save single player games. For me, that makes a big difference, Live or no Live. You may be right however, that EA's no Live policy could hurt the game's sales and thus keep it from being "big."

7. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Even a man who is pure of heart
    And says his prayers by night
    May become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms
    And the autumn moon is bright

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Sorry, Larry. I bet you get that all the time. Welcome to the forum.

8. Larry Talbot

Larry Talbot Second Unit

No need to apologize, Greg. I admire a man who knows his (horror) film history!

9. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer