What's new

Men of a Certain Age - season 1 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else watching this TNT show (Mondays at 10 p.m.)? It stars Ray Romano, Andre Braugher and Scott Bakula as 3 life-long friends in their late 40s facing life with different challenges. Joe (Romano) is recently separately with 2 kids, Owen (Braugher) is married with 3 kids and works for his own father at a car dealership, and Terry (Bakula) is single and a former actor. The show captures some good-natured ribbing, slices-of-life, and conversations from these 3 friends and it's quite funny, though the humor is drawn from life, without the trappings of a sitcom.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I think it's great. Romanao created it along with one of his cohorts from Everybody Loves Raymond. Some really great lines and the situations seem to play out. Being one of these Men of a Certain Age, I can relate.

Eddie W.

Stunt Coordinator
This looked good from what I could watch, but I really wish it was on another network besides TNT. It's impossible for me to enjoy a show on this network. The first 30 minutes there's a big block of text at the bottom left telling me that I'm watching MEN OF A CERTAIN AGE, along with the huge TNT logo. Then about halfway through it changes the text to tell me when the next ALL NEW MEN OF A CERTAIN AGE is on. Along with the animated promos for other shows on the bottom left. I just find it really hard to get into a show when there's that much junk littering up the screen.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I'm watching this show although it hasn't quite engaged me as I'd hoped. I really want to like these characters, but Owen is the only one I like. It may be the point of the show, but Joe and Terry are so immature. I think Ray Romano has been quite good in this more dramatic role, though.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
A lot of men never "mature", that's what I kinda like about the trio of guys. Owen hasn't really matured professionally, while Terry is that single guy that the married guys wish they could be, while Terry is finding single-hood in his mid-40's isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Joe's may have a broken marriage and 2 kids, he's also not quite done baking, and may never be done baking (to borrow a metaphor from "Buffy"), perhaps due to a lack in ambition or his gambling addiction.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I am now two episodes behind on this show but I have them on the DVR and I am just waiting for a free night. So far I have liked what I have seen and I fell like I can relate to all the characters. Joe drives me crazy with his gambling especially since it seems that he never wins a thing.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This week's episode was mildly funny for Joe getting tough with his daughter's "stalker", and how he shoehorned his "Gaps" observation from Rocky in terms of why people get into relationships, even if they don't seem to fit together.

Owen can't get anything right, his add-on to the house is fubar'd.

Terry's juggling act is beginning to catch up to him.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Man did they ever knock that out of the park. I can't remember the last time I had to stop a show and leave the room due to laughter.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, this week had a good episode for all 3 guys, though Terry did come off really needy in the big brother office after getting bounced by them. To see Andre Braugher f'in up his line as Owen was a treat. Good casting with Loggia as Joe's dad (plus his reaction to the hot MILF at Joe's store).

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
The scene where he is caught with his pants down was a freaking riot and then what the female worker said at the end had me in stitches.

I am really liking this show. I am hoping it lasts.

The latest episode where the dad looses "it" was good. I love how the mom wants Andre's character to talk to the dad, knowing the don't have the best relationship...his comment was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks