Men Behaving Badly DVD -- Region Free?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jan H, Dec 25, 2003.

1. Jan H

Jan H Cinematographer

At Amazon UK, the info states that the MBB box set is Region 0 PAL, but everywhere else I've looked (eBay, etc), says it's R2. Can anyone confirm this before I buy? This is a very funny show, but so few in the US know about it, that I fear it'll never get released over here. I'm thinking about getting that cheap Cyberhome DVD player just so I can watch this show. Any help will be appreciated.

2. Page

Page Stunt Coordinator

I agree that the show is very funny and much MUCH better than the Americanized version.

I own the entire series and on the back of each DVD case it shows the PAL Region 2 symbol. (Not 0 Region)

(Even if it was a PAL Region 0 release you would still need a DVD player that can convert a PAL video signal into a NTSC video signal unless you own a multi-signal TV (which very few people in the United States do.))

(Also, for under a hundred bucks you might want to invest in the Philips 727 or Toshiba 3900 which can be easily hacked to get a region-free DVD player that can convert PAL to NTSC. Both are of higher quality than the Cyberhome.)

3. Jan H

Jan H Cinematographer

Thanks for the info, Page. [​IMG]