What's new

Memory Stick to Flash Memory??? (1 Viewer)

RJCelli

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert Celli
Hi...hopefully someone can help me out before I drop $1,000 on something that may not work. I have a Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu-ray player with an SD card slot for hi-def playback of camcorder videos recorded on a card. I'm considering getting the Sony HDR-SR11 hi-def camcorder. Being Sony, it naturally uses Memory Stick cards. Is there an adapter that will allow a Memory Stick Pro Duo card to play in the SD slot on my Panasonic Blu-ray player? Thanks for any help you can offer. :cool:

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Unfortunately, no. About the best you can do is get a card reader and transfer your material from memory stick to SD, then put the SD card in your BD player. As far as HD cams go, there are brands out there that use SD cards. Don't limit yourself.

RJCelli

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert Celli
Thanks so much. I appreciate your help. The reasons why I'm sticking with the Sony hi-def camcorder...it's one of the only I can find with both an LCD screen and a small, traditional view finder, plus it offers 5.1 audio recording. I've looked at Canon, JVC and Panasonic, and of those, none offers a separate view finder and only Panasonic offers 5.1.

RJCelli

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert Celli
Thank you very much. I'll check it out! Have a good weekend.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maltby
Recent bookmarks