What's new

Memoirs of an Invisible Man (1992)- coming from Scream Factory 7/24/18 (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
xMOAIM.BR.Cover.72dpi.png.pagespeed.ic.UxtviYYAwf.webp

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/memoirs-of-an-invisible-man?product_id=6769

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Oh wow! I’m a John Carpenter completist and I’d hoped Warner Archive would release Memoirs on BD, so the Scream Factory Carpenter announcement is a total surprise! It appears Warner has finally agreed to licence films to labels other than Criterion!

Perhaps other Warner-owned horror/sci-fi titles like Creepshow, Twilight Zone: The Movie, Deadly Friend, Looker (and so many more) will be licenced to Scream Factory?

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Maybe Warners is realising that they cant release everything and licensing some of them will help get them remastered and/or restored and released. This is good news!

I saw this film years ago, and I enjoyed it...

"I want my Molecules back!"

I had no idea it was John Carpenter.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
"The laughs and visual effects are out of sight when Chevy Chase headlines Memoirs of an Invisible Man. "

What?

This isn't a comedy.

Anyway I'm a fan and will buy it.

This is the only Carpenter movie that isn't "John Carpenter's..."Isn't it?

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
A fun film. I liked it better than some reviews suggested I should. I also liked it better than other modern attempts at invisible man movies, like Verhoeven's Hollow Man.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’ve had the hardcover book for a long time. Gonna read it one of these days.

I’ve heard the movie is barely anything like the book.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
so after this the only really absent Carpenter titles, will probably never happen, but i could be wrong, if Shout wants to step up to the plate and re-release a Complete Season 1 of Masters of Horror and a Complete Season 2, then you get Cigarette Burns and Pro-Life

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Oh wow! I’m a John Carpenter completist and I’d hoped Warner Archive would release Memoirs on BD, so the Scream Factory Carpenter announcement is a total surprise! It appears Warner has finally agreed to licence films to labels other than Criterion!

Perhaps other Warner-owned horror/sci-fi titles like Creepshow, Twilight Zone: The Movie, Deadly Friend, Looker (and so many more) will be licenced to Scream Factory?
Shout/Scream has been announcing Warner titles since late January when their deal started. Previously announced titles were: Its Alive Trilogy, Of unknown Orgin, Curse of the Cat People and Night of the Lepus. They are supposedly releasing a few of the Warner owned Hammer films later this year.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Shout/Scream has been announcing Warner titles since late January when their deal started. Previously announced titles were: Its Alive Trilogy, Of unknown Orgin, Curse of the Cat People and Night of the Lepus. They are supposedly releasing a few of the Warner owned Hammer films later this year.
I'm hopeful that they'll do He Knows You're Alone. Part of that is just because I like slasher movies but it does seem like a title that Scream would release so I think my optimism might not be misplaced.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I’ve had the hardcover book for a long time. Gonna read it one of these days.

I’ve heard the movie is barely anything like the book.
The skeleton of the book is there. However the book is so much better. I’ve read it about 4 times. Once after I had switched over to ebooks and reading print had become unpleasant for me. It’s out of print and not available as an ebook.

Chevy Chase was badly miscast for this movie. Sam Neil is good and I always love Daryl Hannah.

Having knocked the movie, I’ll still probably buy this blu.

All of the above is, of course, IMHO.

BTW, the novel is an excellent primer for living as an invisible man while bad guys are chasing you.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Just noticed on Shout’s side that extras are in progress and TBA. I hope one is a Carpenter commentary. It’s my recollection that the studio interfered with the production.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
The skeleton of the book is there. However the book is so much better. I’ve read it about 4 times. Once after I had switched over to ebooks and reading print had become unpleasant for me. It’s out of print and not available as an ebook.

Chevy Chase was badly miscast for this movie. Sam Neil is good and I always love Daryl Hannah.

Having knocked the movie, I’ll still probably buy this blu.

All of the above is, of course, IMHO.

BTW, the novel is an excellent primer for living as an invisible man while bad guys are chasing you.

Try John Steakley's novel Vampire$, and you will feel the same cant remember who was in my mind for casting but i imagine, Carpenter in his prime era, would have had a completely different film, but even less that prime Carpenter, is still worth watching.
the Quote says it all "In France, I'm an auteur; in Germany, a filmmaker; in Britain; a genre film director; and, in the USA, a bum."

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Try John Steakley's novel Vampire$, and you will feel the same cant remember who was in my mind for casting but i imagine, Carpenter in his prime era, would have had a completely different film, but even less that prime Carpenter, is still worth watching.
the Quote says it all "In France, I'm an auteur; in Germany, a filmmaker; in Britain; a genre film director; and, in the USA, a bum."
Was Carpenter’s Vampires based on this book?

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Based on Scream Factory's Wes Craven output, another likely Warner title from them would be Deadly Friend.

Yes! I'm also a Craven completist, so that would be an awesome release! It's been years since I saw it--I only know that Albert from Little House in the Prairie is one of the stars. :P

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Scream Factory put up the list of special features for their three Carpenter titles coming next month:
***MEGA UPDATE on July’s John Carpenter Titles***

We’re very excited today to announce the full final list of extras we have planned for our July 24th Blu-ray releases of IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS (Collector’s Edition), MEMOIRS OF AN INVISIBLE MAN and SOMEONE’S WATCHING ME. So without further ado…

IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS

• NEW 4K scan of the original film elements
• NEW Audio Commentary with director John Carpenter and producer Sandy King Carpenter
• NEW Horror’s Hallowed Grounds – a look at the film’s locations today
• NEW The Whisperer of the Dark - an interview with actress Julie Carman
• NEW Greg Nicotero’s Things in the Basement – a new interview with special effects artist Greg Nicotero including behind-the-scenes footage
• NEW Home Movies from Hobb’s End – Behind the Scenes footage from Greg Nicotero
• Audio Commentary with director John Carpenter and cinematographer Gary B. Kibbe
• Vintage Featurette – The Making of In the Mouth of Madness
• Theatrical Trailer
• TV Spots

MEMOIRS OF AN INVISIBLE MAN

• NEW 2K scan of the original film elements
• How to Become Invisible: The Dawn of Digital F/X
• Vintage interviews with director John Carpenter, actors Chevy Chase and Daryl Hannah
• Behind the Scenes footage
• Outtakes
• Theatrical Trailer
• TV Spots

SOMEONE'S WATCHING ME

• NEW 2K scan from the original film elements – in both 1.85:1 and 1.33:1 aspect ratios
• NEW audio commentary with author Amanda Reyes (Are You in the House Alone?: A TV Movie Compendium 1964-1999)
• NEW Adrienne Barbeau: Looking Back at Someone’s Watching Me
• NEW Carpenter’s Enforcer – an interview with Charles Cyphers on his career in John Carpenter’s films
• NEW Horror’s Hallowed Grounds – a look at the film’s locations today
• John Carpenter: Director Rising
• TV Promo
• Still Gallery

Pre-order all now for two week early shipping at www.shoutfactory.com !
I kind of expected these to only have maybe an interview or two so I'm pretty impressed by what's on them. The best news, by far, is that Someone's Watching Me is going to have the correct 1.33 aspect ratio in addition to the 1.85.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HobbitGolf
Recent bookmarks