Memento Question and Editing Comment

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BertFalasco, Aug 10, 2002.

1. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

I just have to say I bought the Memento: SE (somewhat New Line Platinum Series Se7en casing like [with the little book within]) and I am having fun with the features at 2am also.

Question: We know that there were 2 people in the bathroom where Leonard's wife was being "murdered" because of obvious reasons. Was the second person ever identified in any way?

Also, I noticed an editing problem, which I am almost positive, I just want to know if anyone noticed it: When Leonard gets the hooker to reenact the waking scene where he finds his wife had left her pillow "cold" and how it was shot. The first time we see that part the camera had him reaching away from the camera, and then the second time we see that sequence, he is laying on the side where his hand had previously been reaching, yet he was reaching for the other side. What ashame, I hope I am wrong.

-Bert

2. Jussi Tarvainen

Jussi Tarvainen Second Unit

I noticed the second scene you mentioned. It became obvious when watching the chronological cut of the film found on disc 2. I think it was a deliberate choice and although I may be over-analyzing here, I think it played well into the "memory isn't reliable" theme of the film.