Memento Eater Egg

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Hill, Mar 13, 2002.

1. David Hill

David Hill Agent

Hi,
    [I'm writing assuming some readers don't know the structure of the movie]
    Just finished watching Memento for the first time, and can't work out if I enjoyed the structure of the film or whether it annoyed me!
    Anyway, I've seen that the Easter Egg is a re-edit, and I'm wondering if anybody out there has seen it and whether they think it is worth watching. Is the film too simple in the re-edited format, or is there still enough suspense?
    Thanks for any comments [​IMG]
    David

2. Josh_Hill

Josh_Hill Screenwriter

I have never heard about this easter egg. I know Following, Chris Nolans first film has this feature of watching the film in Chronological order, but from what Ive heard Memento doesnt.

3. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I haven't heard of this specific easter egg either. I remember discussing how kewl it would be last summer, but nothing ever came of it.

Maybe on the SE release in May...

4. Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg Supporting Actor

I've never heard that the US disc had a re-edit, but the Canadian R1 disc has. I don't know if it is hidden on the Canadian disc. The UK disc may not ve similar to the two current R1 incarnations at all.
    US R1 Memento easter eggs

5. David Hill

David Hill Agent

Hi,
    perhaps I should have been clearer. I have the R2 disc, and I know the Easter Egg is there as I started to watch it. But it was late, I'd just seen it the way the director intended [​IMG] , and I've never got around to seeing it since.
    But, I am wondering if anyone else who's seen it thinks it's worth watching.
    Cheers!
    David

6. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

Heh. Well it was obvious to me which version you were talking about! I've the Canadian version (I'm holding out to see if the U.S. one has enough extras to make that my upgrade choice or stick with a R2.
    I've watched the movie in order (though it's a pain as you have to do it via chapters - nothing smooth) and I thought it was pretty cool. Not as good as the original but certainly worth giving a try.[​IMG]