What's new

"Memento" director to do new "BATMAN" (1 Viewer)

Marco Salvatori

Auditioning
was Frank Miller the one who made Batman the "Dark Knight" he is?
Wash your mouth with soap when you mention Frank Miller! He pretty much redefined the way Batman should be as a superheroe. Not by Frank Miller but equally good, has anyone read Year Two? If not make sure you read Year One first and then give the 2nd one a try, it is a very powerful description of a very real and human Batman. Man, it'd be awesome if they adapted those comic book stories to the big screen! Just imagine the possibilities!

Nick C.

Second Unit
I like Nolan, but seeing how Aronofsky's project is either dead or delayed, I don't have much enthusiasm for another Batman. That being said, if I had to make a second choice, Nolan would probably be it.
I'd much rather see these young directors keep doing smaller thought provoking projects, rather than more cliched blockbusters. I mean, in approaching a fabled action hero franchise, can the story end up being anything but a good vs evil with the hero prevailing? I guess if these directors want to 'break out' for brighter and bigger future opportunities, something Spike Lee unfortunately hasn't managed to despite over a decade of solid work, they may have to...

btw, I read in a small column a few weeks back that because Aronofsky's Batman script didn't get picked up, he's trying to make the Fountain (existential sci fi project set in the Mayan jungle
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
) work again, not sure if there's still a chance to get Pitt to star.

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
Considering Nolan's film noir revisionist sympathies, I doubt he would need a pretty playboy to be Bruce Wayne. Instead of using shining gadgets, huge car collection, or womenizing practices--which were the only ways the first four films could signify his wealth--I hope Nolan will use some deeper and more complex actions/objects to communicate what it means to be a billionaire in charge of plenty of livelihoods. Besides being a superhero, the man is a super capitalist. I don't think Batman needs to be young, either. Since we have no idea what the plot will be, and that Nolan brings psychologically complex characters, an older Batman wouldn't be bad. Certainly Miller's work shows that an old Batman is very compelling.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm getting tired of seeing Colin Farrell, I think he's getting too over-exposed. But I'd cast him as Robin though. Heh heh.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Maybe they should just do another animated film with a darker, grittier style. It's pretty obvious that the animated series (the 90s one) was the best interpretation of the original comics, plus you don't have to worry about how people look for the roles. True, a live action movie would be more appealing in some ways, but considering the more recent Batman attempts....

I personally think Batman would come off better in a cartoon. I remember a shot of Clooney's Batman sliding on the tail of an animal in a museum or something, and while it would be cool in a comic or cartoon, it looked cheesy and stupid in the live-action movie.

Batman started as a drawn character, why not keep it that way? I'd love to see an animated Batman movie with a huge Hollywood budget.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
No animated Batman film is going to make that much money in america. Only Disneyish animated films have a chance for big box office in this market.

And you don't hire a live-action director to direct an animated film.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Although I would like to see Nolan working on another thriller, having him in charge of a Batman project really isn't that bad. Although I do believe we'll see another Batman movie, its hard to say whether or not Nolan will finally be able to get the project off of the ground....

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
Yeah, I hope Guy Pearce gets the part. I don't particularly like Colin Farrell. Whatever they do, they should pretend the Schumacher movies never happened. I'd be perfectly happy if there was no Robin. The memory of Robin cruising around in a ghettoed-out, glow-in-dark Batmobile is still painful.

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Guy needs to put on SERIOUS weight to be Batman.He almost look likes he starving! :D

Luis S

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
Guy Pearce could make a lean, bareknuckled Batman a la the ferocious pencilling of Neal Adams or Jim Aparo. That I could see.

I say, reunite the entire cast of Priscilla: Queen of the Desert. Pearce as Batman, Hugo Weaving as The Joker, and Terence Stamp as either Alfred or Commissioner Gordon. Or fuck it, bring him back as General Zod.

Zod -- Greatest comic book baddie ever! Green Goblin, my ass...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I still would have like to have seen Hugh Jackman as Batman, but he's got his claws full as Wolverine.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Was Guy Pearce the one who turned down Daredevil because he didn't want to wear a costume, or am I getting him mixed up with Edward Norton?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ed Norton was the early pick, and he finally came to that conclusion about not wanting to wear the costume.

Kristoffer

Second Unit
Found this at Darkhorizons.com
Batman: The Frightening: Superhero Hype reports that Warners has purchased both BatmanTheFrightening.com and BatmanTheFrightening.net domain names, whilst an apparent review of the script has appeared online: "The fact that things are happening in his [Bruce Wayne's] head at the same time the story is actually taking place is done very well, and i really enjoyed the scenes when he is locked in Arkham and sees The Joker again.... it gave a good insight into Bruce's emotions as well when he thinks he has failed, and I love when he knows he is dying so he goes after The Scarecrow in more of a suicide mission. I liked the batsuit, and how it was almost a character in itself, and the Batmobile had a decent chase scene. I liked the quick little intro of Barbara Gordon. It fits Nolan's directing style like a black winged, leather glove". Thanks to 'Jose', 'Joe', 'Jon', 'Joel' & 'Sarah'

The Batsuit having a life of its own!!!:eek:
Also this could be almost as dark as the first two movies!!!
Which are the best and the only good ones!!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That sounds dangerously close to the AICN review of a script of the same name that was disproven a while back.
That said, I double-checked the domains, and they are indeed registered by Warner Bros.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks