What's new

"Memento" director to do new "BATMAN" (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Sweet. I have a good feeling about Christopher Nolan doing it (anyone is better than Joel S. ;) ) :D:emoji_thumbsup:

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Well, it's a shame that the Aronofsky project has been stalled (not quite sure who Frank Stack is, though :rolleyes:oh, well; all the other information seems correct), but this is kind of intriguing. I thought both Memento and Insomnia were very good, and Nolan may have just the right touch to do right by the Dark Knight.

I'm usually not too quick to believe things that sound like rumors, but this is CNN, and they're usually pretty reliable.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Very interesting choice. I really think he has a solid directing style and a great track record so far. It was also good to hear that he found his studio film experience to be a good one.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Some dubious choices to play Superman in that update (near bottom of article), however: Josh Hartnett? Jude Law? Ashton Kutcher??? Brendan Fraser? And Brett Ratner directing? :thumbsdown: to all of those choices.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I could see Josh playing Superman. Jude Law has been linked with James Bond recently, that also shows promise.
Ashton Kutcher? There's no way in hell that's gonna happen. just the same, I'll bet he's interviewing personal trainers right now. :)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Nolan would not divulge the contents of his Batproject, but he'll undoubtedly bring the wildly inventive style that so quickly brought him to the directing A-list after "Insomnia" and "Memento," whose star Guy Pearce is among the actors who might make an interesting Bruce Wayne.
I'd support Pearce for Batman. Nolan looks good for Batman if it ever takes off.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
So will we see Batman in the prime of his career first and slowly work our way backwards, to him as the kid in the alley again?

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
This is getting to be confusing indeed. Why can't WB sort it out once and for all.

Having said this, I think Nolan is a great choice indeed.

I think they made a mistake with this Frank Stack, perhaps they meant Frank Miller

:emoji_thumbsup:

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Just my opinion, but Ashton Kutcher reminds me a little of a young Christopher Reeve. At least in appearance.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Tim Burton is my favorite director and everyone agrees the 1st 2 Batmans were the best, so why do you think he's not doing anymore? His decision or the producers'?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think Colin Ferrell would be a pretty good Batman if he could pull it off.

Superman is a whole 'nother issue. I don't think they could properly cast it, considering how good the original guy was.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
If they are looking for a Younger Chris Reeve type for Superman it's a no brainer, give it to the actor already portaying clark kent Tom Welling. He's a drop dead image of chris Reeve, even chris reeve thinks so. And he's nailed the character of the young Kent on Smallville

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Even though Welling is around 24-25 years old, I think he needs a few more years, allow him to grow up some more and give him a bit more gravitas to lend to the role of Superman as a grown man.

BTW, they better get Clark out of Smallville soon because Welling ain't getting any younger, and he's the most mature looking 16 year old on TV. :)

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Bale would definitely be a good choice for the next Batman; he has the face of a Playboy, and a good enough physique to fill out the costume. Pearce does not in both cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks